Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn`t too bad a day, more of an overgrown run what ya brung than a show realy, but nice to see a few peeps i`ve not seen like since last year and meet some new people too! :)

Had a breif go up the strip but only managed 2 runs before that clutch had officially had enough, now slips without any nitrous at all! :mad: Strugled its way up the 1/4 in 15.9 with no gas an looooooads of slipage :(

Some some pritty good times put down though! Olly had new pb on his first run - 14.1, managed to talk to pudsey who was running some damn impressive time in the astra turbs! Also phil with the V6 astra (Stunnin motor in the flesh!) ran 15.8 off gas and 15.0 on 50 jets, just shows ya what a bit o giggle gas can do! ;)

Didn`t take to many pics, but heres the best of em:

Monaro, Drool...........

Shiney......

Old school...

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shiney enigne bay is someone off mig, not sure who, rather nice Mk3 astra Turbs! :) Guessing modified too by the actuator helper spring thingy! ;)

·
Registered
20,473 Posts
Bicco said:
Shiney enigne bay is someone off mig, not sure who, rather nice Mk3 astra Turbs! :) Guessing modified too by the actuator helper spring thingy! ;)

That would be Nobbie runing in the region of 280bhp

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Anyone run up the strip? If so what times did you get?

I didn't get a good run all day, 14.79 @ 98mph. TBH I got a better time, but mis-judged the location of the finish line and braked early (doh!), so crossed the line at 82mph - but still in 14.74 (my best time). Should have been about 14.5 if I hadn't braked!!! Even so - I'm quite please with that, especially as [rds mode]I had an boost problem[/rds mode] ;), oh well, I'll get it right PV! :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I thought you did quite well Mike and a lot better than a lot of coupe/hatch turbos in the past I have seen.

However you and the yellow van was quite funny!!

BTW I meant to come and say hello but you up and down that strip all bloody day ;)

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
MatG said:
However you and the yellow van was quite funny!!
I didn't have a clue what to do, I couldn't hear my revs at all and pulled away really badly. I think I was the only Coupe running all day.

O

·
0 Posts
I ran Mike, as you know :)

I raced... Mike Warner... Phil349... Astra MK4 2.0 Eco... Nova 2.0 16v... Esocrt MK1 XE... Dragster lmao

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
I turned up at 4.30pm but everyone had gone. Had the flywheel in the boot too Olly. Oh well, turned out as a scenic drive in the 320. Too many dawdlers around today though.

O

·
0 Posts
Aww bum - we left at 1605!

Soz Tom... still on for postage?

Even more weight loss :)

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Really good day until it rained! Oh, and the fact that it took me the best part of 2 hours to get home - I only live 30 miles from the strip :|

Really nice to meet some new people - especially Olly and Tom :) - nice lad's :)

Best on strip was 19.6, with a little bit less than 4 cylinders thanks to Daz/Gaz/one of you ****ers :p

An earlier run before the grille/headlight came off :p

Can't believe how bloody dirty it is now though - let alone the layer of rubber in my arches :p

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
aha wondered who that was - lol and you nearly missed the turn at the end i did flash you but you carried on for a bit - lmao

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Teddy said:
aha wondered who that was - lol and you nearly missed the turn at the end i did flash you but you carried on for a bit - lmao
lmao I didnt have a clue where i was going!! I looked around and seen you turn off so followed!! lmao

1 - 20 of 30 Posts