Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo!

have anyone in here ever tried using a SPEC stage 3+ clutch for their c20lets? Ive installed mine, but the clutch wont work AT ALL!

ive installed it correctly but it still wont engage? whenengine running and it’s in neutral i Can shift through all gears without using the clutchpedal but the car wont move at all. The pedal also feel very soft. Any help would be aprecciated

it’s likethe pressure plate isnt pusling hard enough on the friction plate so the plate just arent moving at all.

·
Registered
523 Posts
i replied to your older post.

what happened with that ? ... did you end up taking the gearbox off, to check the clutch plate was on right ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh sorry didnt see. Yeah took it off, but clutch was on right way. So I put everything back togethers. After that i could start the engine, put it in reverse, reverse off the lift and when i was putting it into 1st the clutch did the same thing. I Think the engine vibrates the pressure plate bolts Loose so the clutch just slips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thread lock for the pressure plate bolts,
Have you got an inspection area on the bell housing? So you can see what is happening when car is running and clutch being used

·
Registered
523 Posts
are you sure, its the right clutch, and release bearing, for the engine.
did you check all 3 parts against the old ones, to compare dimensions ?

strange how you can get reverse, but nothing else.

is the gear selector linkage, all installed right, and setup properly ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do t have a inspektion plate.

mit is the right clutch, but I wont be able to compare to the Old because neither the clutch and flywheel are smiliar!

cant get reverse anymore, I felt the clutch let go when trying to clutch out in first. The linksge is not the problem because i Can go through all gears.

must be the pressure plate bolts that get loose from engine vibration

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Think i found out that the friction plate is a bit thicker on this clutch kit, so i need a very thin shim between pressure plate and flywheel, so i Will try that aswell

·
Registered
523 Posts
I Think i found out that the friction plate is a bit thicker on this clutch kit, so i need a very thin shim between pressure plate and flywheel, so i Will try that aswell
i assume you mean ..... to space the plate out a bit, so the disc isnt clamped down permanently.
could be the issue, if its clamped in there, and cant move, there will be no on-off, for the mechanism.

im just wondering if the plate will be ok, raised up like that, on 6 washers.
are the guide studs long enough, to locate it still, and take the load, as usual ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked to My friend, Which runs excact same clutch and he is running with Tiny tiny shims between pressureplate and flywheel to space it out. He is running 550hp on it, so should work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts