Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking off getting some Bosch Super 4 sparkys insted of usual ones.

What do you guys think of them or what plugs do you recomend?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Their crap throw them in the sea.

Get some decent plugs, NGK's are what you want. Single electrode to if you can.

Chris

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
Thinking off getting some Bosch Super 4 sparkys insted of usual ones.

What do you guys think of them or what plugs do you recomend?
I fitted some of these 2 years ago, and they are top notch imo. Well worth their money. New leads as well were fitted at the same time too.

Micky

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
More the better, yes better for shroudign the spark which isn't good!

The only use multi electrode plugs have (apart from throwing away) is longer service life.

The spark only ever jumps to 1 electrode (the closest one).

A single electrode is much more open and exposes more of the spark to the mixture.

Think of it this way, throw a match in a swimming pool of petrol it will all burn, but throw in a basketball on fire in and it will burn quicker.

Also I have to say this, I find bosch leads crap, I have a large pile of bosch leads, they usually fall apart. Magnecopr KV85's are well worth the money and the 10 year warrenty.

Chris

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
i had some S4's in mine and they were ok, dont expect miracles though.

electrity will fith the shorts route to earth out so havein 4 prongs it will choose the closest but the spark will be weaker, single prong plugs ar better as you can gap them and you will get a much stronger spark froma sinlge prong one

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
i just use the standard vauxhall ones as i find they are better. probably bosch ones in reality. but as was said earlier don't shroud the plug as then it's harder to ignite the fuel/air mix and that ain't good for power.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
i have, all you need to know is bloody expensive!!!

really they are.

the platinum is there to resist higher temps as more modern engines are run closer to detonation i.e a very lean mixture to get good fuel economy which leads to high combustion temps. all because of cats. damn things should never have been allowed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts