Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Spanishfly's Garage, now with added garlic.

628K views 6K replies 204 participants last post by  spanishfly 
#1 ·
I bought this car October 2006. 60k mile shell with minimal rot is what intriged me.
The car had been fitted with a C16SE engine, which was it's only mod it has! Brakes and suspension remain 1.0 spec.
Plans are to have fun with it atm and get the Chassis ready (suspension etc) and handling how I want it to. When this is done the C16 will make way for a 20XE on tbs. I'm hoping for 200bhp before nitrous has it's say.

Any way on to the pics...

When I bought it it came as below. 1.0 spec, tottally basic (how I like it) It didn't even have side air vents, cigar lighter, clock and best of all NO SUNROOF!

Today I got a bit busy and started stripping out the rear. It made me happy too! Notice in the pictures, NO SOUND DEADNING BLACK STUFF, right result as I hate removing that! More of a result is the fact there's NO rust on this section at all!! :D Down part is lack of tank hole in boot floor (will get busy cutting one) Everything what is not needed from B-pillar back has been lost (Bar seat mounts as these are getting cut off) Reason for leaving front is so people think it is still seated up:D

The front half will be stripped when I get cage (Rob we'll arrange collection ASAP) and the seats and harnesses. Plan is to stich weld the rear. I also want to start 'turreting' the rear ready for the coilovers (AVO or GAZ on shortlist, also looking at LEDA) Any help on this people who have done it already!?

Project 1.0 kill list as is now:

Mk3 Golf GTI
Pug 206 (low spec'd) but his face was just magic!

See less See more
#86 ·
you gotta remember it's not as easy as just "whacking" it in, theres the chassis leg modification, the drive shaft, the stitch welding, wiring, etc etc.

(I would have thought if you want something that handles you would have stitch welded it anyway.)

personally if I was to do a nova again, I'd go with a 16v 1600 on ITB. But thats me.

also spray it matt black! lmao

#108 ·
Ben... I have shafts and mounts for a BB conversion, still have the LET too.. so it is preety much 'whack it in' I also have the C20XE to whack in too... I will be stich welding everything! I'll be honest before I wanted straight line speed as much as cornering! ATM i'm concentrating on the Chassis then will go from there. As it stands at the moment I will have a 20XE for sale along with the C20LET! I'm looking into the Z18XE atm. Will run it on ITB's and of course stand alone. a C/X16XE is also in the equation! I'm not that worried about the engine ATM as the 1600 in it will be enough to have fun on the track!

Yesterday at brands hatch showed me even more that less power, more balls and better cornering is better. I was one of, if not the quickest car of the day (it was a novice day) my mate has a 350bhp scooby and only pulled away on the straights, corners I was all over his behind, they blue flagged him to let me past! Unfortunetly the budget tyres and 15k miles with 3 trackdays took there toll and the rubber is getting quite low and as I don't want to buy new rubber yet ended it early.

#120 ·
I don't quite see what that video proves. A guy driving the elise who knows what lines to take and the limits of the car and a veyron being driven by my nan! lmao

I know the point you're making tho.

People do judge what they see on a trackday a bit too much imo. There so many variables. 1st time drivers, 1st time on circuit, never really pushed their car before etc.

So have you got the XE in there already Mr Fly?

Simps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.