Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

5681 - 5686 of 5686 Posts

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,682 ·
Putting this here, to show i'm still doing things to cars, even though it seems to be others cars.

Barry AKA Flatout herein being named 'blumpy' asked me kindly if I would polish an old turd he had in his garden. Owing him a few non sexual favours, and fancying a challenge I couldn't resist.

So I went to his with my equipment and got cleaning.

Lucky the night before blumpy gave the car a wash, he used (what he called) a close something sponge (this was meant to impress me).
So I got there and gave it a pressure wash and snow foam. This was done to strip any old waxes and contaminants.
It came out something like this:

Some different colours etc

Unfortunetly a previous owner had moped the car at some point, they went through the paint in various places, so I knew I didn't have much paint to play with (no paint thickness gauge here, just good guesswork lol)

So we set about claying the ride, Wow it needed it! Car was filth with things that shouldn't be there. Blumpy already started showing interest in cleaning cars properly AKA detailing.

note where the badge used to live...

Blumpy claims it was the previous owner, but I know Blumpy lusts after an MG midget in yellow. Nice sticker residue...

So I started the polishing, I started using poorboys SSR 2.5, but felt it didn't need it and I was running out. The car didn't really have swirls more faded and scratches. So I got out Menzerna FG on a 'polishing pad'.

Half and half

Afters...

This reinstates my want for a classic car, i'm looking into the German market for one. Hopefully get one in the next year or two. ATM it only has a layer of Gold Class plus protecting it, so some point soon I wanna do another layer of wax to really protect it.

Blumpy also learned why 'detailing' can be so rewarding and has decided to scrap the idea of building a track coupe turbo, and has just ordered £2000 worth of products to clean his motors. He also dropped off his LET to me today, apparently I deserve it for being such a good friend!

In my car news: Clio is on axel stands with one new brake pipe made compared to this time 2 months ago. The Audi is going well, and being pampered. Doubles up as a great van too. Went to the dump, and noticed the Audi likes being LOW so Eibachs or KWs springs are on the list.

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
has he really scrapped the idea of the track car :eek: :(

detailing does look good..............e30 sound intresting?

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,686 ·
To start with...

So today was a rainy day... I had planned a cambelt service on my mates Golf 1.9 TDi. However due to the rain I didn't fancy starting it today. So I decided it was time to clear the garage up. Namely lose the table and chairs we borrowed and still have (not my choice...). I also looked at the clio, and the fact it was still on axel stands. It means I can't really do anything in my garage SO... I actually started tinkering with it.

I've fitted the battery which lives behind my seat, I need to get an Astra battery tray to secure it.
I also finished of the brake lines, the rears are sweet, unfortunately the front pipes are leaking, so I need to get some new fittings. I will prob use braided on them too now!

So a couple of pictures now...

Running, the poxy ABS light is still on, even though I have removed the wiring completly. I need to get a wiring diagram and take the wire out and away from the dash clocks.

I then hoovered out the inside, and sucked up some serious spiders...

I then proceded to pretend to drive it and reved it up! I love it again:D

5681 - 5686 of 5686 Posts