Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

5661 - 5680 of 5686 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Gearbox wise there is a golf/audi box conversion in the pipeline.

The boxes on the 172 are poor and the diffs for them are expensive, thats the reason I went B18 rather than F4R for my choice of engine to turbo for my Mk1.

The black r5 in the esc is running that gearbox conversion.
With excellent results it looks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
The black r5 in the esc is running that gearbox conversion.
With excellent results it looks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
Scoff from efiparts you mean?

If so yes he is running on one of those boxes.

A kit is being made so that others can more easily follow suit.

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
I want a Clio V6 :beer:
They are epically cool, but not very quick, no faster than a 172 really in fact in most circumstances, although they are very aggresive for the first 20mph! but once moving nothing really in it, and not in the corners either

·
Registered
353 Posts
they might not be any faster but they certainly do look the part.

The only downside is that 99% of the parts are mega expensive in comparison to a standard clio

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,668 ·
So i've bought the parts to relocate the battery to the boot or behind the seats anyway. This will mean I can turn the airbox around so it has a more direct route. This is what the cup racer cars do, so I will try it. Hoping to get a bit done on it now ready for the new season! So watch this space!

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
yeah, i mean what kind of an update is that ffs :mad:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
typical lazy foreigner, coming over here with his **** updates, reading all our updates, while his car takes up space in our good, honest english double garages.....boils my piss it really does!

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,673 ·
typical lazy foreigner, coming over here with his **** updates, reading all our updates, while his car takes up space in our good, honest english double garages.....boils my piss it really does!
Forwarded to the Met police, thanks!

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,678 ·
Little update, had a lil time to kill before work.

Lift up the bonnet to reveal the engine is still there! OMG!

ABS unit out, I was taking the pipes out using the nuts, but then decided as I don't need them...

ABS unit out, and the mounting bracket out, with the silly french captive nut out too.

Now to decide where I want to relocate the battery and the ECU as that space is now for the airbox!

So now to do:
Relocate battery.
Make new brake pipes and fit the bias valve inside somewhere.
Remove ABS wiring loom
Refit Airbox in new position.

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,679 ·
So decided to play a bit more with the clio...

Took the ECU out of it's silly heavy case... (-~1kg)

So first up on the brake pipe front...
Tee pieced the front port.

Joined onto the braided hoses

I then got bored so whipped out the drivers seat, and removed the last bit of sound deadning that was under there (-2kg)
Used thinners to rid the glue.... and got high!

I then fitted the Bias valve next to the handbrake, I got out my trusty rivnuts, oh how I love them!

I've used a copper pipe to go to the rear, however due to the clio design and both the rear pipes joining on one side (passenger) and the bias valve on drivers side, I don't like the routing the copper has to take, so i'm gonna change to braided hose like I had in the nova, i'll prob do it for the front too!

I also put the new non airbag hole dash in, it's not blue like the standard one, also took the time/radio/temp display out.
Will prob try to incorporate the oil temp and pressure gauge into there.

So now need to order a few brake hose parts in -3 and get that finished.

5661 - 5680 of 5686 Posts