Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
5,641 - 5,660 of 5,686 Posts
i just meant it must have been bad back in the N/A/D days, you can see why theres still a stigma attached.

i actually find diesel quite interesting, the science of it. for instance there is no way to control the air to fuel ratio on diesel engines (as there isnt a throttle) diesel fuel can tollerate anywhere between 5:1 to 40:1 air fuel ratio. quite versatile.

Tis a lovely motor Spanish. Gotta keep my old Passat for another year till I get some experience driving my lorry. But one of them is high up on my list for new daily next year. Unless I can afford a Disco 3 lol.

i just meant it must have been bad back in the N/A/D days, you can see why theres still a stigma attached.

i actually find diesel quite interesting, the science of it. for instance there is no way to control the air to fuel ratio on diesel engines (as there isnt a throttle) diesel fuel can tollerate anywhere between 5:1 to 40:1 air fuel ratio. quite versatile.
thats only any fun when the pump governor fails on the old diesels and the rev till they break tbh

Discussion starter · #5,651 ·
Have been contemplating buying a new set of wheels for the A4. I wanted BBS CH's, however the genuine 18's are £1500 for just the wheels. I don't like the idea of copies as london roads tends to crack them. So i'm sticking with the original (which I like the look of anyway) 17's and going to refurbish them.
Did a bit of research and found out that most German cars use Wurth Silver Lacquer as the O.E. colour. So I have ordered this along with the special primer and high gloss lacquer. I have also ordered some aluminium filler to fill the holes! Here's my start to the wheels...

Before, not too bad condition. Looks as though someone has dropped it! After a clean...

Sanded down, then used marker pen to fill in the holes so I can see them clearer when sanding.

Ready for filler then priming

In clio news, I fitted these..

Nice to see you still with the clio.

Cracking little cars!

Tempted by a bit of boost?

We've just had one that we mapped on the rollers:

Goes really well.

Standard bottom end, just larger chambers in the head to drop the CR.

Discussion starter · #5,658 ·
I was thinking about a supercharger but my worry is the 'box. I just dont have the time to play fixing cars anymore and would prefer to just use it on trackdays when I get the time. It is defo something I'm looking into though. More gen would be gooood:D

Gearbox wise there is a golf/audi box conversion in the pipeline.

The boxes on the 172 are poor and the diffs for them are expensive, thats the reason I went B18 rather than F4R for my choice of engine to turbo for my Mk1.

5,641 - 5,660 of 5,686 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.