Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5686 Posts

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car October 2006. 60k mile shell with minimal rot is what intriged me.
The car had been fitted with a C16SE engine, which was it's only mod it has! Brakes and suspension remain 1.0 spec.
Plans are to have fun with it atm and get the Chassis ready (suspension etc) and handling how I want it to. When this is done the C16 will make way for a 20XE on tbs. I'm hoping for 200bhp before nitrous has it's say.

Any way on to the pics...

When I bought it it came as below. 1.0 spec, tottally basic (how I like it) It didn't even have side air vents, cigar lighter, clock and best of all NO SUNROOF!

Today I got a bit busy and started stripping out the rear. It made me happy too! Notice in the pictures, NO SOUND DEADNING BLACK STUFF, right result as I hate removing that! More of a result is the fact there's NO rust on this section at all!! :D Down part is lack of tank hole in boot floor (will get busy cutting one) Everything what is not needed from B-pillar back has been lost (Bar seat mounts as these are getting cut off) Reason for leaving front is so people think it is still seated up:D

The front half will be stripped when I get cage (Rob we'll arrange collection ASAP) and the seats and harnesses. Plan is to stich weld the rear. I also want to start 'turreting' the rear ready for the coilovers (AVO or GAZ on shortlist, also looking at LEDA) Any help on this people who have done it already!?

Project 1.0 kill list as is now:

Mk3 Golf GTI
Pug 206 (low spec'd) but his face was just magic!

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
what do you mean tank hole in the boot floor?:confused:
as for turreting, its really not that hard, select your coilovers, and either make some turrets or just buy some like i did, then get cutting!
the metal is triple skinned around those points, so if you can, cut the hole a bit smaller than you want width wise and bend the remaining lip out to meet the turret, as it will make it nice and strong, also try to make sure you pick up the rear chassis leg when you weld them to the floor, again for strength
if you cut into the rear chassis legs, you must re box them back in or they be flextastic!
only other thing is you might want to move and beef up the lower mount as its not really that string and a bit to far towards the wheel to be ideal

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one Lee. I'm waiting to hear from LEDA then will select! On late novas isn't there a hole under rear bench for fuel pump? like on Astras? I saw a J-red SRi in breakers that DIDN'T have one!??? Friend reckons they do!

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
not sure tbh, but the in tank pump always seems a bit of a ball ache anyways, just run a sierra cossie external with a gte tank

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
if it has an external pump then yes, as it will have an integral swril pot or you could go down the external swirl pot/lift pump road

·
Super Moderator
61,442 Posts
yeah some of them have the hole in the floor, so you can get to the sencor(ever tho there on the side..go figger?) on the top of the tank,
i dont think any come with the pump up there...

·
Registered
147 Posts
The spi injection ones had internal fuel pumps and are where the hole in the floor is. Another way is to use the spi tank with a mpi fuel pump, same as the corsas ect..

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats what he was saying for me to do, as he has on in his nova (but its in Notts) I think it may be an option, we'll call that A.

So in theory I don't have to cut a hole in there if I don't mind removing the tank IF the pump goes?!

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update...

The whole car is fully stripped. All that is left is a pair of (1.0) seats and the dash. I'm not sure if I am fully removing this or just gonna cut chunks out.
I have fitted an XE fuel pump (Thanks Rob Lee) It runs a lot better and no longer surges. I had one problem with it last night, when going up hill last at about 1/4 tank it wanted to die. So I did what any good man would do, pushed it up the hill. The car is so light:D I can pick up the back end with half tank in there:D:D

I collected my roll cage from Rob Lee the other night. Just want to get an angle grinder on a few extra bits of metal that are not needed!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
haha lucky i remembered i had a spare pump.... i bet mine will die once the novas done and ill be coming after you for mine back lmao

1 - 20 of 5686 Posts