Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

South Central Meet 19th May

6K views 54 replies 11 participants last post by  Benn 
#1 ·
South Central Migclub Meet and maybe photo shoot.
So Photo shoot or normal Meet?

Now if we do a photoshoot, it needs to be nice weather.. Which we seem to have lost again at the mo, but if it gets better at the weekend we could do it.

But where to do it? Does anyone have any ideas? As we've done the Abbey before..
Do we wanna try something industrial? Or?
We need some where big and clear, where we'll have room to do want we want, with nice clean background...

Normal meet at:

Rownhams Services (west bound)
M27 between J4 and J3
Hampshire,
SO16 8AP

DIRECTIONS

Travelling west bound along the M27, the services are located between J4 and J3, and is well sign posted. We will be holding the meet at the far end of the main large car park

If you need more info PM myself or Benn.

If you want to know what MIG Vauxhalls is all about then come along!

Please copy and paste your names below along with preference;

Benn

See less See more
#22 ·
Looks lovely :)

Of course you can't see anything through those side windows from the drivers seat and the back window is the size of a paper clip and they weigh a lot more so use more fuel but they handle well on the bigger tyres. I'm still undecided on the Insignia and I would only be tempted by the bi-turbo.

#23 ·
The rear window is a little on the small size..

I can't beleive the difference, considering they are both 19" wheels.. The Insignia runs 40 profile rather than 35, but the ride is so much smoother and quieter..

I was looking at Bi-Turbos - still a bit too rich for me ATM, and although they've got an extra 35 horses, the book figure is only .7 of a second quicker to 60..

BTW, are you the same Nutron who is famed on Vectra-C for having done some tasty stuff to CDTi's?

#27 ·
Didn't have a Black one.. To be honest, Black, White, Grey, Silver seem to be the about all that's out there..

Its a CDTi160 Sri VX-Line in Technical Grey. Things it's got that the Vectra didn't - Nav, Climate, Auto Lights, MP3 in, Traction Control, and a few other little features.

Oh and a Tyre inflation Kit - Which is going to get binned in favour of a spare..

It's an ex-Enterprise car (Vectra was also), and body wise it's had a bit of a hard life, few stone chips, and a small crease in the rear passenger door. I'm going to have those sorted, which I'm not too fussed about, as the car was a good price to reflect the condition.

Dunno what they did with the Vectra, I'm guessing it went to auction or the like. Having said that, if you walk round the corner, you may well see it on Eden's forecourt.

#28 ·
Yeah Benn's dad had a hard time getting anything other than grey or silver. I think he only had a choice of a darkish blue after that, which is a bit different!
There's a SRi in (presumably) flame red round here and it looks stunning.

Amusingly, I have a white SRi estate for the next week in Plymouth. Lovely seats!

#29 ·
Waterworld blue.. It's about the only 'colour' that seems to be out there.

That'll be an SRi VX-Line Red.. It comes, obviously, in red. I was looking at one, bit more money, and it'd be the same as the one I've got, plus 20" wheels, parking sensors and bluetooth..

Going to the 20's is a nice idea, but I'd be back on 35 profile tyres again, and I'd just about had my fill of the ride on the Vectra.. The Bluetooth is a nice idea, but I have a works phone, and as you know, they don't 'do' Bluetooth. So all I'd have got that I wanted was a stunning red colour, and parking sensors.. Not worth the extra..

They have started doing a really nice Purplish-blue, called Luxor, but I guess they're like rocking horse do-do, cause in the last 3 months of looking at NetworkQ and Autotrader, I've never seen one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.