Registered
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I pretty much know what I want in an ICE install
Sony Head
Mosfet Amp
Poineer 9x9's on the rear shelf
Kicker twin 10" subs
Problems is here I want to use the existing pods if possible for the front for some (possibly) Sony component 2 ways plus tweeters, Question is What size can I use and is it difficult to get the old ones out to relace them?
Im not going for sound off loadness rather a quality sound with deep bass lines, mmmmmmm!
I dont really want to mess about with door or footwell builds as I would like to keep the interior clean and un-cluttered. :p :cool:

G

·
If you go to www.ice.sony.co.ukand enter your car details it will tell you what size speakers will go stight into the doors of your car if a stright swop is what you are after. It give you the model of a sony speker that will fit but is you just go into the detail of the speakes it will say what size thay are. :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hey Mavvmad,

To get the front ones out, you have to take the digi-dash out to get the right one out(drivers side speaker) and that compartment above the glove box that is held in with two screws at the top to get the left one out (passenger side speaker).

You will see the speakers in the corners of the dash.

Carlos

·
Registered
399 Posts
Exactly Paul B,

You had to cut some of the mounting points off to fit it throught the hole, my way you just slide them in direct replacement for the others, and ya have all mounting points.

And come on guys, its not a hard job anyway taking out the digi-dash, and even easier taking out two screws that hold in that bit above the glove box for the left side.

:)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
From memory :rolleyes: , i had to cut off the lugs due to the Kenwoods being "square" and they wouldn't actually fit in the cavity for the speaker, and sit flat, in the mounting position.

I am sure the VX stuff only had two fixing points in alternate corners.

On the otherhand, my mate probably bought the wrong speakers! :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.