Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i get the sound deadening that goes in the footwells of a MKII astra?

is it something i can only get from vauxhall of can i by sheets of the stuff?? from whats left of it, it looks like some sort of foam, about an inch thick, maybe a little less with a rubber coating on it...

any help would be much appreciated..

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had the same problem when i got my car, i think the previousowner must have liked the smell or something.

What i did was use one of those 'roll mats' you get for camping, you know what i mean?, them foammats to put your sleeping bag on. I foundsome in Poundstretcher of all places for £3.99. Bargain. Its about 10mm thick foam and will work. For the front though its gonna need some cutting and shaping cos i know the stuff in the front is contoured and gets deeper in the footwell. Try making theright depth with layers.

I can save you the hassle of looking around cos i tried diystores, garden centres, building&plumbing shops etcand theres nothing out there. Its either this, finding some in a car from a scrappers or Mr Vauxhall whose gonna wantpaying well.

Hope this helps ya out m8

Oh, and i was in Poundstretcher to benefit from their range of economy fashion clothing b4 you ask....and to meet people, obviously!:cool:

'The one who was called Begbie b4 for the new system reverted to using my login name for some weird reason':) :D ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.