Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ive had enough of all the squeeks and knocks coming from the car and if i want to sell the car for a decent amount they will need done anyway.

So ive been looking about for decent priced parts and will buying the following pritty much sort out the front end?

2 lower arms complete with bottom ball joints and bushes
2 track rod ends

Also im getting a squeeking noise which seem to relate to the movement of the engine so im guessing ive got a dodgy mount or mounts.

So im planning on changing atleast the rear engine mount and the gearbox mount.

The last thing is a random loud clunk which seems to happen randomly and i dont meen when driving hard some times its just when i pull away sometimes its when crusing along at slow speed.

Now ive noticed that although my handbrake cable is tight the car wont hold on the handbrake so im gonna get some new handbrake shoes, im also woundering if this random noise is the handbrake shoes sticking and releasing???

Any advice/opinions appreciated!

·
Registered
183 Posts
the squeak might be the thrust bearing for the clutch , you might also hear a noise that would come and go when depressign the pedal altho it will be quite subtle to start with .

the exhaust flexi bit often makes a noise too , can be caused by a worn gasket (£1 part)
at the end of the down pipe , if you have that type of exhaust on your car , i dont know .

handbrake shoes dont often wear out , but you should try adjusting them up with a scredriver through the bolt hole .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts