Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find the old post i did on this as it's on the old board.

My car has been sitting for just over 3 weeks and I am gonna sell it at the end of this week.

The battery is dead but i guess it will have to be charged so the buyer can see it running. I remember people saying they had left their car standing for months, should i expect anything other than noisy lifter thingies when it's brought back to life?

P.S Can i sell the car before i get the logbook back? Then post the relevant bits to the buyer and send the other thing off to the DVLA?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It all depends if anyone is willing to buy without the log book. If they are they can get a form from the post office and apply for a log book. On this form there is a section with reasons why they are applying, and one is that original has been lost and I think another may be that they weren't given log by previous owner. Just get them to do that.

·
Registered
209 Posts
3 weeks might be ok, but any more and I would be concerned about the oil pump de-priming. This is not good cos you can start the engine up and have no-oil pressue for an alarming amount of time.

The fix is to remove the oil cooler inlet hose, pour oil down it which fills the pump up with oil.
I would also crank the engine witout spark plugs in until the oil pressure light goes out (you may want to put a teaspoon of oil down the plug holes to avoid bore wear)

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it's as good as sold. As long as the engine plays along hehe.

I am waiting to get the log book back from my insurance company before i let the car go, god knows when that will be though.

There's always so many unnecessary steps I think, why do they make it all soc complicated?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just tried to jump start the car off my mates XR2 (hehe), all the electrics came back but no sign of the engine turning over, spent about 7-8 minutes trying. Guess the battery might need an overnight job. Bugger!

·
Banned
777 Posts
i left my vectra 2l16v for nearly 2+ years on the front lawn- started it very seldom and now shes back on the road-
i changed the oil and flushed it before she went into hybernation and the only thing that went was the alternator when back on the road

·
Registered
17,044 Posts
3 weeks is absolutely nothing to worry about, I left my Cally for nearly 4 weeks when I went to states and came back it started on first cranking! and I have left two other cars on road for year on year, without much hassle. The newer the car lesser the hassle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.