Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Gutted that migweb isn't much of a thing anymore. I remember clearly leaving school mid 2007 then making a account on here the year later. used to stay up to 2/3 am every night looking over project threads,and can honestly say i learnt a lot from this forum. wasn't one of the more vocal members back years ago but i was active all the time browsing all the different threads. I always tend to pop on every now and again in the hope its back to its glory days,but no such luck.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Such a shame to see migweb so empty these days. Just started rebuilding my mk3 Astra and thought I would come here to find the links for all of Mark T's old guides. I guess atleast the site is still up and running!

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
I have just come back to search for my old car and found the forum almost dead. Its such a shame from the good old days but I'm not totally surprised. Times have changed and the modification scene doesn't seem to be what it once was and Vauxhall are selling alot less cars than 10 years ago. I suspect the temptation to just into a lease on a BMW or Mercedes is too strong for many.

Sold my last Astra in 2008 and not owned a Vauxhall since. Now in upper management, married with one child (plus another on the way) and a mortgage. Life is good but I've been going through old posts and do find myself missing those days.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I remember joining this forum when I was worked in Florida for 5 months way back 2001 after buying a Vectra ST200 while overseas without a test drive. I've never been an active poster on here but this site helped fuel my Vauxhall passion for a few of my projects as I still own the ST200 plus an Astra GTE track car & the wife has her Astra mk3 V6. The daily drivers are now all VAG with no Vauxhall in sight as they make nothing interesting anymore, VCDS is a must so if anyone wants any tweaks (Dom) I'm happy to plug & play as I have a genuine one.
It's not just on here, it's all the forums that are dead but as yet I've still not taken the plunge and joined FB, one day :face:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
It's not just on here, it's all the forums that are dead but as yet I've still not taken the plunge and joined FB, one day :face:
I had to re-activate my dead fb account just to look for parts for my astra. I hate facebook but what can you do.

total side note anyone ever see a mk3 astra with digital climate control? I saw one the other day apparently it was a factory option, super super rare.

here is a pic to spice up your day :)

http://pics.coldline.hu/pics/524969-20120414-FSUG31.jpg

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Was that an option for UK a/c mk3 as I've never seen it? Wouldn't be too difficult to retro fit providing you can find a donor.

·
Super Moderator
23,721 Posts
I had to re-activate my dead fb account just to look for parts for my astra. I hate facebook but what can you do.

total side note anyone ever see a mk3 astra with digital climate control? I saw one the other day apparently it was a factory option, super super rare.

I've got a load of old MK3 parts if you fancy buying a job lot - mostly from a 1.6 16v 1998 plate.

·
North Western Regional Coordinator
9,554 Posts

Italian car from memory I've the option sheet somewhere for it was like 3k lol

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Not quite to yourself.

The lack of traffic seems to be normal on websites now like my normal Mk2cav site.

The trouble with Facebook is that stuff just disappears whilst here it stays and is easily searchable so that back catalogue of especially technical data is still alive and increasingly valuable as those who wrote it may not be here but their knowledge lives on.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Agreed. I tried the book of face many years ago, but it tries to take over your life! I'm obviously old school, but somethings about my life I do actually like to still keep private!
Also, I'm not really that fussed about what someone I haven't seen for 12 years had for dinner yesterday, so I really don't need to see a picture of it..

With this, us and a small handful of others are left trawling the once busy forums (the ones that are still up), to ourselves!

·
Registered
893 Posts
still about , still with my trusty cavalier (C8VVY) turbo just had all underneath cleaned up and freshened looking good just needing test abd back on road but covid stopping me , anyway still lives

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
This thread really needs renaming as it's getting old, can I suggest....So...whos still around from 17 years ago!!

121 - 140 of 141 Posts