Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me any pointers on the single wiper conversion for a '96 Astra GSI. Do I need to buy a kit or can I just make adjustments to the current equipment so that the passenger side blade sweeps across the entire windscreen so i can just fill the hole where the driver's side wiper is. Also how do you adjust the default position of the wiper arm. All advice greatly appreciated. cheers.

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
I searched around on the web for instructions and tried a DIY single wiper conversion with little success, and I consider my self an advanced DIY type.

My advice is to buy a kit (Around 100 UKP) as this contains all you need and the instructions on how to adjust the park position of the wiper.

[ 16-07-2001: Message edited by: The Masked Marauder ]

·
Registered
46 Posts
I guess its the same as a Mk2 Astra, if it is its pretty easy to do.

Once you work out how the linkage controls the sweep you can easily see how to modify the resting position and how to increase the sweep.

To increase the sweep area the linkage at the middle wiper pivot needs to be shortened by roughly 8mm by a cut and weld method. The other half obvioulsy has to be chopped.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The only thing I must warn about is depending where the wiper parks (e.g.: if it parks vertically up the screen), and your MOT-man was a traffic-warden in a past life he may fail it at the car's next MOT, due to "restricted visibility". There's no clear guidance and believe it or not the MOT regulations say that it's his call...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.