Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sierra Cosworth Saphire...info needed asap!

My mate just bought a cossy 400bhp and it ***ken flys he said! Its running the following:

Garret 4 Turbo
Running 12psi pressure but can take it up to 22 which he was told would run 500bhp then

Is this all correct?

p.s. it wheelspins in 4th ffs! :eek: lmao lmao :cool:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Needs to be running over 28psi for 400bhp and you wont get any more than 440 without a rs500 inlet manifold and throttle body

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interesting i better break the bullsh*t news to him lmao lmao lmao not sure what else was done to it..but this is the guy who had a ford mustang running up the pod with over 500bhp :cool: so im sure he should research abit more into this :p but i will take pics 2morrow of it and have a go! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Whats the engine spec because you need a sh#t load of mods to run that sort of power without the engine going bang every 5 seconds.

·
Registered
16,143 Posts
What i think u mean is its runnin 1.2 bar not 12 psi as that is v low.

So if he were to run 2.2 bar im sure it would push the 500bhp

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope reading my text messages he said he can wind the boost to 22psi if he wants but at mo its running 12psi...hmmmmmm

·
Registered
607 Posts
for 500bhp u need an 8 injector set up, or it will blow the engine up. its prob running grey injectors just now

The t4 is used on the RS500 and would be no prob to wind up to 500bhp, but i guarantee it will melt if u try to run 22psi.......u woul also need an ecu chip etc to get there, possibly a WRC/grpA/uprated h/gasket and low compression pistons too.

good luck if ur gonna try it, but its no gonna last without this stuff.........

·
Registered
16,143 Posts
Dave McB said:
for 500bhp u need an 8 injector set up, or it will blow the engine up. its prob running grey injectors just now

The t4 is used on the RS500 and would be no prob to wind up to 500bhp, but i guarantee it will melt if u try to run 22psi.......u woul also need an ecu chip etc to get there, possibly a WRC/grpA/uprated h/gasket and low compression pistons too.

good luck if ur gonna try it, but its no gonna last without this stuff.........
Your rite, i was thinking the same.

How can u just get 500bhp outa just a turbo ?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
This is the spec of my mates cossie running 420bhp
4x4 block studed
low comp pistons
balanced bottom end
uprated oil pump
head ported with cams and pulleys
t4 turbo 2wd exhaust manifold
wrc head gasket
rs500 intercooler
charge cooler
gray ingectors
3 bar map sensor
two fuel pumps and larger fuel lines

sh#it loads more that i cant remember

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
RS500 didn't have a T4 it had a T4-S (or something like that) which made it more like a modified T3. You can't get that particular turbo now anyway.

I would be suprised if it has a genuine RS500 intercooler on it, more like a Pace RS500 sized intercooler.

'Bar' the pressure everything seems inline for 400bhp... nice isn't it?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
my mates runs 28psi gpA h/gasket, some kind of chip
(mc'cains oven, i think),filter....350bhp hes been told...
but he blew the head gasket.......

a new head cost £700...gasket £80+ new bolts....

wait till its fixed and we'll see ???????

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Almost certainly will be running the afformentioned and a 4x4 block as the 2wds were not up to it in terms of reliability. A 500bhp 2litre engine would always be on its limit and I doubt I could live with one every day. Again, as has been mentioned 22psi is low for 440bhp.

Even a standard Saph Cosworth is a fast car that should not be sniffed at. My friend has a 350bhp Sapphy pulling a 12.9 Quarter, so it does not take much. Guess it is favourable traction, gearing which helps them make those times.......

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
0ddball

it still made 166bhp with low comp. it sounds like a goodun if it were fixed.
well it is at this mo getting a full bottom re-build on 87.0mm :D only thing is it wont be going in me white warrior as the mot runs out on 26th October and well whats the point putting it in that shell when i cant get it on the round then and drive about 3000 miles for the full potential b4 it goes on arolling road :( so i guess i will hold it till i think of how to get it into something and drive it :rolleyes:

cheers adam

1 - 20 of 21 Posts