Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
You can have my Mk4 repeaters when i've fitted my Mk5's... Slip me a fiver in the post and they're yours...

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Carefull Sid!

The early astras (the one's with the side repaeters that look like erect nipples :eek: ) are a different fitting to the later ones/mk4 type.

The later/mk4 type will go on, but you have to make some "adjustments" to either the repeater (cutting the lugs off and using trim tape to fasten them) or the wing (using a junior hacksaw blade and a very sore hand).

If you've got the flush oval style itted to your car then you'll be fine:D

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
PaulF said:
Carefull Sid!

The early astras (the one's with the side repaeters that look like erect nipples :eek: ) are a different fitting to the later ones/mk4 type.

The later/mk4 type will go on, but you have to make some "adjustments" to either the repeater (cutting the lugs off and using trim tape to fasten them) or the wing (using a junior hacksaw blade and a very sore hand).

If you've got the flush oval style itted to your car then you'll be fine:D

You've got a point, I never thought of that!!!

Sid, If you don't want to bother, thats fine, I'll send you the cheque back straight away!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I shouldn't imagine its a major job, nowhere as big a job as i'm gonna have fitting my mk5's. Like PaulF says, it'd be a case of cutting the lugs of the back of the side repeaters and sticking them to the body with double sided tape or something similar

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
i thought mk4 side repeaters only fit the wrong way around with out mods, the best ones to go for are the Corsa C ones, clear and a straight swap if i remba correctly and about £6 brand new from vx

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Yeah it's not hard to do, took me about half an hour.

You just need to trim all the sticky-out bits on the back of the repeater off and then use double-sided trim tape (available from most motorfactors and Halfrauds).

I used 1 layer and it does lift ever so slightly from the bodywork. If I did it again I'd probably use 2 layers of the tape (the stuff I got from Halfrauds was quite thin) rather than the 1, but to be fair I've not had any problems with them.

Oh IIRC the plugs are different and well so you'll need to get the soldering iron and the tape or heatshrink out and swop them over. ;)

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PaulF said:
Oh IIRC the plugs are different and well so you'll need to get the soldering iron and the tape or heatshrink out and swop them over. ;)
You're getting too technical for me now!!!

BUT ..if they are coming from Mr Opel's mk3 Astra ...then this should already be done? ...OR do you actually have a mk4 Danny?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
xx 5id xx said:
You're getting too technical for me now!!!

BUT ..if they are coming from Mr Opel's mk3 Astra ...then this should already be done? ...OR do you actually have a mk4 Danny?

I've got a Phase 2 ('95) Mk3. On mine, they fitted straight on. I've received your cheque today. I can send it you back if it's too much hassle to fit them. I didn't know Phase 1 and Phase 2 repeater fitments were different. :eek:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It's up to you matey, I can keep hold of the cheque or send you the indicators. You're about to have PM re bumper...

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
sid its easy, soldering iron about £5 from maplins(or pick one of mine up), heatshrink like pennies from local motor factors

put it in easier word

chop old bulb off
slide heatshrink on
solder wire to bulb
heat the heat shrink over your joint(hair dryer)

or the desi way, solder it on, cover with a bit of sealent or insulation tape, glue to bodywork(sealent, hot glue)

or u cud just have a look for a late plugs at a scrappies...and use that...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.