Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else had any toubles with their FSE adjust Fuel pressure on its own?

I have a FSE blacktop and it adjusts pressure on its own for no apparent reason, mine is set to 60 psi, but after a few days it will eith go up or down by around 5-8psi, there is no set pattern to it, i have set the fuel pressure with a hot engine and the fuel pump is fine and getting a good power supply and the FSE is around 8 months old.

any ideas?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Is not vaccum hose actuator in this?

When the AFPR receive vacuum(in idle or with closed throttle), its get the internal springs with less pressure, and the fuel pressure goes down.

If is not that, then, maybe the problem stay in your fuel pump, that can´t hold the same pressure and flow for much time.. its a signal of fuel pump failure.

Is very dificult have problems in AFPR. I sell AFPR for long..long.. time..and never one came back to me.

Cheers,

Matheus S. Almeida

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on my old regulator(silver FSE, cracked housing, hence why it was replaced) it was fine but when i swapped to the blacktop it was like it from the start, but would do it over a few weeks, now its does it almost every other day,

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
same as you mofo, the old silver top has been rock solid on 50 psi since i set it 3 years ago ! (well i did up it to 60 more recently, but its still steady)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Can be a mere coincidence(fuel pump problem with new AFPR).

To eliminate this doubt, is fast. Make a closed fuel pressure test in your fuel pump. That is, put the fuel pressure guage closed in in-line fuel hose, turn on for little seconds, if the fuel pressure don´t over 70 psi(is a low fuel pressure for most fuel pump can do) or if this get the fuel pressure variates, then, is a signal that your fuel pump are bad.

I can´t see explanation for the AFPR get fuel pressure variates if don´t have vacuum hose in it.. its a quite impossible. The internal spring pressure will be constant...the same. Then, i only see fuel pump problem.

Cheers,

Matheus S. Almeida

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Hmm, the screw must be moving. otherwise if every time you wind it say 1/4 of a turn to correct the fuel pressure, then you'll run out of thread real quickly.

perhaps the locknut isnt doing its job.

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i thought that it was the locknut too, but its always done up tight, if it does it again ill mark it with tippex to see if its moves.

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
Mine did it when there was dirt trapped in the valve take the screw right out and key it over to flush it out, then set it up again :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts