Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put a 20 XE engine in my Cav SRi.

I have wired up most of the XE loom now but the wiring to the coil seems different. The XE one has a four pin connector coming out of the end of the injector rail. The SRi Coil has 2 two pin connectors.

The 4 pin XE connector has:

Red with black trace
Red
Black
Green

The SRi coil connections are:

Green
Black
Red - going to a suppressor or something bolted to the bodywork

My question is, what do I do?

Also, I have a single connector coming out of the XE loom at the end of the injector rail (end with the hall sensor plug and Coil plug) that I cannot find a home for. The connector is a single green wire with a black plug on it.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
erm do you onyl need the little moduley bit for the loom to plug into that sits below the coil or is it new coil time

me being a dumbass didnt resuce it off the car

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was thinking about cutting the Green and Black wires out of the 4 pin ECu loom and hooking them up to the Green and Black 2 pin connector from the SEH loom and plugging it into the coil and see what happens. If that doesn't work then I think it will be new coil time.

·
Registered
15,614 Posts
No No No.

You need the little module with the red & blue wires coming out of it. You connect them upto the coil.

and the 4 pin connector on it to the ecu loom 4 pin plug.

They were fitted to 20XE and C20LET's and some of the late MK2 carbed cavs not that you will find many at the scrap yards now

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one, cheers Andy, that saves me a headache.

So are you saying that I should get looking for a coil from a 20XE. This should then plug straight into the 4 pin plug on the loom?

Straight swap kinda thing?

Sorry, it's getting late and I am cold and tired from being outside working on the motor all evening.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
from what i understand from andys post, you need an XE coil, then the module between the XE coil and the 4 pin plug on the loom.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bugger, So I have to try and locate two different things now?

Daz, fancy popping round tomorrow night so I can have a brief look at yours?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts