Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you get your screws and screw cap covers for number plates please?
I was just wondering what you guys use? I don't really want to have to go rummaging at the scrap yard. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@daddy cav I have seen some screws that are hit into number plates with a hammer and then covered over with a big plastic cap. Do you know what these screws are called?
I thought they were called hammer screws but no-one seem to know what I mean.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i normally use dome headed screws, and paint the heads, yellow, white, or black, sometimes half and half, if a screw covers both colours, easy way to camouflage them against the plastic. im not keen on using those encased screw caps, as they can hold water inside, and rott the screw heads to bits, which can make them a nightmare to get out. i had to take a bumper off once, because of that, and get mole grips on the back side of the screw, to remove.

or if you want that sleek, flush look, a decent, sticky, double sided tape, works well. quick and easy.

i hear some parts of europe, have to have the plates riveted on nowadays, by law

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh thanks. I didn't think about them holding water.
I've seen some dome headed bolts that you can hammer into plates. I can't remember what they are called though? I thought they were called tap bolts but when I google it, it only shows self tapping screws which is not what I was wanting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts