Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well ive now got some adapters ready for wiring up the saab engines, but this is a initial thread to create a list of people interested as ive spoken to that many people about them i cant remember who was who so if you have contacted me on previous occasions please let me know by PM

these looms are 2 wire in the relays required to get the car running and then also includes your output wires and input wires, ive tried these looms plugged straight to the engine loom and with just a supply the engines will run

these looms still require for you to connect up 7 wires these are
  • Fuel Pump Output
  • Permanent supply
  • ignition supply
  • RPM output to dash
  • Speed signal input from ABS or some other source
  • Engine management light
  • OBD k line
please note these looms do not control the starter motor or alternator as i used the Vauxhall part of the loom to control these functions

the looms i make myself and all wiring is done with the same gauge cable as the standard saab loom runs, the relays with the loom are second hand but tested Bosch relays the same as fitted to any SAAB

each loom will come with instructions to help with installation and any queries you may have

i have included a picture of the looms below but i have covered all the wiring please note this loom is created using my own wiring colours so trying to follow this wiring may result in damage to your car or ECU

Prices are going to be £70 inc POSTAGE at current but are likely to increase as iam finding it increasingly hard to get hold of the 31 pin plugs and have got a 8 week wait on the next batch of plugs

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN INITIAL INTEREST THREAD,
i have 3 looms on shelf and 2 more in production.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Saab wirring loom adapters

the plug on the right is a 31 pin plug but you dont need all the connectors only need about 11 in total, its the same as all ng900 and 9-3 cars as all the plugs ive got from saabs in scrapyards by me

the 31 pin plug they made 4 slightly varying designs but same pin configuration it connects to this plug hanging down at the bottom

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ok ive got a list of people i think who were after these but if anyone is after them and i have spoken to them previously can you PM me or post here so ive got a list of whos after them ive got enough parts coming monday to make 10 of these

im currently working on a neater version 2 of these which will have all the relays and fuses in one place so to reduce wiring and space required

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

Hello, after all that work i scrapped the idea of using the engine in a tigra and now it's going in a mk3 astra gsi. Should have all the mechanical work done by Sunday so if you have any wiring looms ready to go, let me know and I'll send the money. I'm happy to wait for your mk2 version of the loom if it's nearly complete?! Cheers
Stevo

Ps if you need any of the parts off my 9000 as in the grey loom connector or the wires please let me know :)

1 - 20 of 106 Posts