Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd485/turbostevo/saab%20engined%20tigra%20project/

i first swapped a phase 1 r5 gtt for my mates saab 900t sensonic, the 5 needed a new turbo and the 900 needed scrapping! but anyway, the first time i took the 900 for a spin i wound the actuator arm right in and hammered it on an army airfield and the power was unreal and from then on ive always wanted to use the engine in my favourite car, a carabic blue corsa gsi.
plan was to do it all for a grand and getting a gsi for that dollar, theres more chance of urinating on the sun! so ive ended up with another tigra as i currently drive a black redtop tigra and im more than happy with the performnce and looks.
ive used a B204E with hpt head and manifold and ive got a few turbos to play with. looking to be around 280 bhp when complete as im using an f20. when that goes ill get an f28 a gt35r and be looking for 430ish bhp :)

hopefully the car will be at pv this year but if not ill be bringing the redtop regardless.
pictures are on photobucket and progress is about 60%

im keen to learn and also help so if anybody else is attempting a saab conversion ill share any info i can :)

cheers and happy modding.

see you on the m1 ;)

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Re: saab turbo engined tigra

Happy moding to u 2 and it looks u gonna have plenty of fun in the close future :)

·
Registered
316 Posts

Sounds good. According to maptun website at 430bhp your pushing around 500nm. F28 aren't cheap to be replacing on a weekly basis.

·
MIGWeb Lord
3,861 Posts

may struggle for clearance on both the sump and rocker cover, think the bonnet may need raising and the sump shortening possibly as there a good bit taller that a redtop block, wouldn't stick a gt35r on it unless it's just for drag, be better off with a gt3076r at that power mate, good luck with it all

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

hello thanks for your information mate. im making my own mount and probably the drivers side front chassis will need chopping and modifying too.the plan is to get the block and gearbox in and lined up using the gearbox and rear mount and then take measurements for the engine block mount and make it fit from there. obviously its never going to be that easy but thats the plan!!

dont suppose youd have any info about the clutch?
plan is to use a calibra clutch plate with the saab pressure plate and the vox release bearing? the saab clutch plate is too big and has fewer and wider splines than the input shaft off the f20 so theres no chance i can use that, but for your info in case anybody asks the f20 does fit straight on.
cheers stevo

·
MIGWeb Lord
3,861 Posts

ok cool just remember in the saab it is tilted back, don't make the mistake of standing it up straight else you'll really srtuggle.
Not to sure on clutch possibly a could you not fit a flat XE one with an uprated clutch kit, like i say i'm not to sure tbh

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts

cracking work

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I'm abandoning the tigra project as the block and gearbox will not fit and I'm not confident enough to make it fit as I think the engine weighs far too much for the front end of a tigra :( thought about mid mounted rear wheel drive but again that's too much work.
I'm going to have a look at an astra gsi tonight and if it's ok I'll be putting the redtop out of that In the tigra and then the Saab engine In the astra.
Sorry to disappoint! Bit off more than I could chew! :(

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I've bought a couple of astra mk3 gsi's so to that end I will sell the prepped tigra. Perfect for somebody with an engine ready to go in. Which I'll add in for an extra 100.
I have the big block hubs and shafts, the power steering system has been removed and I've welded the front lower crossmember.
Pm for details.
Cheers

1 - 20 of 70 Posts