Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Someone will know this I hope. 93, 2.0L carlton.

Problem I have is it wont idle, it sounds like it wants to go but just wont fire run. I have replaced Dizzy, arm, leads, coil, & made all the usual checks. No fault code & ECU light goes out after about 5sec anyway.

Getting mad with it now, got good spark & fuel but just will no go.

Someone told me to replace the "crank" sensor, is this the one by the PAS pump? how do you remove & how much are these?

Thanks , hopefully some can shed some light in this.

Regs

Bobby

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Stoneyginger said:
Sounds like your Lambda Sensor mate :) if that goes it will run too rich or just make it not want to run at all :)
Many thanks for the reply, I had already thought about this, but I always thought that if this went then the Eng Mgmt would light would stay on. Or at at least give a code detailing this was at fault?

The car wants to start, its annoying as it sounds very healty when cranking over. I had a similar prob about 10yrs ago on my GTE, that turned out to be the "hal" sensor with in thin Dizzy? the Carlton doesn't have the same setup which throw me.

I am gutted as the car is my friends & without it he is lost, he doesn;t hasve much cash so I was just trying to save him the cost of a Auto Electrician, i think this may be his only option though.

You help is appriciated though, will disconnecting the CO2 sensor enable the car to start? I will try this afternoon, thanks again.

Anyone else have any suggestions

Kind regs

Bobby

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right its running.

changed crank sensor and cable & its working BUT...

Its now over fueling very badly, as in black smoke & small flames out the back....

No fault code, any ideas

cheers

Regs

Bobby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts