Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well due to the general crapness of autovaux im in a dilemma

ive got my old rings (one broke) but there all in a heap so i dont know which cylinder was which :(

they were in good condition , so as vaux can sell me 1 ring is it ok to fit the 1 ring and fit the others in the wrong bores???

i presume if i hone the bores it should bed in ok??

i dont really fancy spending a lot on this engine as i could get a bigger one for little money, just want it to tide me over for a while.

whaddya reckon?

·
Registered
504 Posts
for the sake of 40 quid and peace of mind, I would just put new ones.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tell me where i can get some for £40 then :)

best price ive had is about £80 apart from autovaux but they cant get me any at the moment

·
Registered
355 Posts
You'd be stark raving dribbling mad to re-use the old rings, the wear patterns arent just on the bores but in the piston lands as well, it's doomed to failure.

Stump up for the new rings, the cost of them is insignificant against the cost of getting at them and the sheer mind numbing aggravation of having to do the job again.

Do it once and do it right.

Dave

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
As above I'm afraid. You'll have to buy the complete set, by the way Auto-Vaux are the best guys for selling us genuine parts at a good price. Never let us down yet.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
individual rings can be supplied per cylinder, it is all genuine stuff, contact me if you need a set just for one piston.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well autovaux have let me down, and i aint that happy about it

if someone knows where i can get a set for a 1400NV engine cheap please let me know

i cant justify paying good money on this engine, its the fact its in the shed and ive stripped it down and just having a play. its gonna be better than the 1.2 fitted at the moment but not worth money being thrown at it.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Fair enough, have you tried searching the web, there's companies out there making them, and it'll be a standard size...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
theres an awesome engine rebuilding place in town, been there for 50 odd years, i got a set of rings for my 20xe a while back, i paid 40 quid for the set

1 - 10 of 10 Posts