Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
my engine is running nice and smooth for what it is (C20XE year 1988.) But, I noticed that it has somehow higher idle speed than on other XE's I have seen. It is not really noticeble, but it also has higher idle fuel consumption. Most of the time, it is 1.3 or even 1.4. It should be, according to German forum users-1.0 to 1.1 liters per hour. Sometimes, mine is 1.2 and you can see that it is idleing lower, and engine has more vibrations. Dash always reads 1000 rpm
What is more noticeable, is that when I back off throttle, it doesn't bring down revs as fast as it should. For example, when I change gears and back off from throttle it looks like I still have my foot down. It is not something that I am worried about, but would like to correct it. There are 3 possible causes I think:
1-> Dirty injectors (which could explain nervous or higher idle)
2-> Lack of back pressure (although I have 2 empty silencers and performance backbox)
3-> Dirty ISCV (but I have clean it and there was very little change)
4-> flywheel from Scania ,which is a joke ;)
Any thoughts on this?
George

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
check the throttle cable isnt too tight, try removing the clip, and pushing it in 1 notch and putting the clip back on. or the cable could be worn, and catching inside

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
¥ said:
check the throttle cable isnt too tight, try removing the clip, and pushing it in 1 notch and putting the clip back on. or the cable could be worn, and catching inside
Interesting idea. If you push forward throttle thingy that is driven by cable, is it normal to butterfly move. And if not,is it easy adjustible?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.