Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Got my car back from the garage yesterday. Good news and bad news.

Good news is that it feels a lot quicker, easier to drive, getting flames :D and the miss fire is almost gone. The car feels great to drive

Bad news is that the black smoke is now even worse, its seems to chuff a bit with just steady driving and then its like a black smoke machine at "WOT".

The bloke at the garage siad that the Throttle Pot is a worn, so ordered a new one and a new temp guage too.

Could it be the TP that is causing it to chuff black smoke? I hope so but I don't see how it could. Please help

On a plus note, had my first real race with it coming back from the garage, guy in an xr4x4 in the right lane me in the left, Traffic lights are red, the road at the other side merges into one lane. I absolutly roasted the fecker, I forgot how much fun it can be :D if only I could get ride of the black smoke :(

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
bad tp reading will feck up the maps. probably accounts for misfire too as it will be putting in wrong advance as well as fuelling.
keep at it boss

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will do, It was driving great yesterday, was loving it, sounds sad but it sounded a little like a wrc car at times poping and banging on over run hmmmmm

Hopefully the TP will make the difference

Cheers
Garrie

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
buy a multimeter. now. go on, what you still sitting there for? will tell you what to do with it when you have got one. lmao

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheeky git lmao, I got one, at work at the moment though

Tomorrows the day.......................................... I go to Steve's :D

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hehe.

Waiting for Gaz1210 to get back to me. Hopefully they will fit the Corsa, I've noticed though the corsa has like torx bolts (but the other way round if you know what I mean) that bolt the caliper to the strut.

So if they don't fit, it'll be safe and sound!

P.s you wanna cake :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts