Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, firstly how can i get the ICV out to give it a good clean, and then secondly how can i do it considering that the torx bolt circled in red is threaded :eek:....

btw i've looked and it isn't in haynes :confused: well at least not under the name Idle Control Valve.

Thanks - its a 1.2 16v Corsa btw, yr 2000

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Do you need to take that bolt off??? Aint that just for your filter and pipework for it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought i had to take it off to get to the ICV (the ICV is the thing i circled below the bolt right)? i don't really know how to do it but when i was looking at it it appeared it cudnt come out without that coming off.... :confused: someone musta taken it of a corsa 1.2 before surely....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok sorry, maybe i used the wrong terminology here the top of the bolt itself has been rounded off, someones tried to undo it using the wrong sized torx bolt and its just a circle now with a few small grooves.... very hard to get it off

·
Registered
195 Posts
The bolt you have circled is just for the intake pipe. That doesn`t hold the ICV on. As far I can remember there will be two small bolts holding it on into the side of the throttle body. However it's much easier to take the intake pipe off so you have more room!

Why are you taking it off? Is it because the revs keep dropping and it nearly stalls?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good thinking callyT and yeah 1800GTE its causing me some revving problems and can't hurt to clean it out :D thanks guys

·
Registered
195 Posts
Give the throttle body a good clean too around the butterfly mainly! Thats one reason it sticks and eventually it will knacker the ICV! Brake cleaner works well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts