Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again! today i'm planning to take a boss off my old astra. its a simoni boss, that im going to use to fit my momo wheel. any one reccommend the best way to remove this? i'm going halfrauds later on, and i'm guessing i'm needing a puller, but which one?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Why not just leave the steerin wheel on and pull like fook? Thats wot i'd do... :)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
AstraBen said:
would it be spring loaded? like the original steering wheel?
Dunno? Thats the way i took the steerin wheel of my old pug. Bolt of then pulled at same time as wigglin it side to side. Good work out! lmao . But did come off. Pug wasnt spring loaded.. Or my mates corsa. Dunno bout your car tho. :)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok m8. i'm not sure either. the aftermarket one on the old astra was fitted by a garage. so im not sure if he fitted it with a spring or not. i know that the standard wheel ive taken off on my new astra was spring loaded. i'll av a look in a bit

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LEE69 said:
dont undo the nut all the way,and if it trys to come of faster than your reactions,your saved by the nut :)
i was saved by the nut when i took my wheel of the new astra. ive heard a lot of stories about people getting a faceful of GM's finest!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
LEE69 said:
dont undo the nut all the way,and if it trys to come of faster than your reactions,your saved by the nut :)
Very very good point!!! I removed mine completely. Does hurt when you fly back n hit the b pillar! lmao

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
easiest with 2 people, undo the nut until its nearly off. mate in passenger seat, pulling the left side of the wheel, and the top, you pull the right side, and the bottom. 2 mins of jerking the wheel like that and it will be off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts