Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I stated that I got a 0-60 of around 8-9 secs when dodgily timed by myself.

Well, before I go on, I couldn't give a fook how quickly it gets there I'm just stating real life gen.

So go ahead and slate and put comments in about it must of been this or that.....if you feel the need.

The other night I was on my way home from work and I had a heavy foot so decided to rest it on the accelerator whilst driving (as you do)....

I was in the outside lane and some young fellow me lad in a 1.3 gt suzuki swift decided to nip out in front of me from the inside lane, he had the usual array of 'try and make a suzuki swift look decent addons' i.e. 16's and a stupid exhaust on.

So I let him get on with it thinking pahhh its a 1.3, however, it was actually very nippy with 2 up (due to the foil like panels on it).

In fact he was in front and started to pull away so I thought paahh dropped into 3rd and up his arse I continued on down the road, at which point he realised he wasn't going anywhere and slowed down to 50, he then proceeded to drop down a gear and boot it away from me, I let him as he looked like a young lad taking his ball home.

After that I thought oh well my cars pretty slow after all and I must have imagined it being quick.

A quick investigation on parkers reveals this..

Suzuki swift 1.3 GTi
engine: 4/1298
bhp: 100
top end: 113
0-60: 8.7

So I'm becoming more and more intrigued to see what bhp my 1.4mpi is putting out, I wont be suprised when it comes out at 82 bhp, but I'm very much confused.

I can keep up if not overtake quite a few quick cars.

For example, My mate owns a 1.6 16v civic coupe, I consider his car to be quick when in 5.5k-8k, but I can keep up with that to 95 ish.

DISCUSS

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah they are light, at the time I didn't think anything of it as its a 1.3.

But another 18bhp + lighter than mine WTF?

And I know when someones not flogging a car, he certainly was....there was no foul smoke trailing behind him either :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts