Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys I need your help I'm trying to register my corsa Redtop and need the engine number also can anyone tell me how I can find what year my engine is it was from a calibra its a dizzy engine the number I can see on the side on head is 90448859 thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
The engine number is stamped on the block, just where it meets the gearbox. Reads vertically. You should be able to see it from an open bonnet stance.

·
Registered
679 Posts
There just part numbers in the casting your looking at as said the number is on the block where it meets bell housing

·
Registered
569 Posts
Been trying to say that's just a part number for the cylinder head.

Look for the engine code stamped on the engine block next to the transmission housing (eg. X20XEV, C20LET).

Engine code for my X17DTL is stamped along that edge of the engine block (where it meets the transmission housing) and also across the lower part of the block

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I found it I need to rub it down to see it I want to register the car propley for insurence reasons (I'm liget) can u tell me what these numbers show I can only see c20xe thanks a lot guys your a great help

·
Registered
569 Posts
engine number sometimes required if there was a parts change during years of production, don't know if it relates to insurance rate, just need to have it recorded exactly I guess..?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
It's just a serial number - it doesn't contain any data.

You might be able to make a reasonable guess based on what others have put in the engine number thread or if the engine has its original head you can see the year of manufacture cast into the cam caps if you look through the oil filler - it's the 2 digit number in the circle.

When I declared my engine swap to the insurance company they were happy that the year I provided identified the correct model car the engine came from - they weren't to worried about the particular car it came from so long as they knew what they were insuring.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a lot u have been a great help maybe you can help me some more I have put my engine in to my corsa just unsure how to wire the alternator and starter up I don't have the orignal loom from corsa just from the c20xe I know the thick live from the starter motor goes to the + on the battery that's about it thanks guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello I am trying to find location of mine just bought a nova with 1.7td motor still 1.2 on v5 need to sort it out
Have had a look not see anything but as per lotta greese etc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts