Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help what rad can i use 2 cool my engine down more its a 20ltr nova with the standard 1.4 rad is there any other one i can stick in there

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
I used a 1.6 gte/gsi rad on my turbo and never had any overheating issues. Beofre i replaced it i was using a 1.2 rad which is a few roes shy of the 1.6 and never had any heat probs with that either.

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
i never had any problems with the original 1.4 SR one in mine, if anything it ran a little cool. If you're having temp related problems it's definately something else, like thermostat.

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
I used to run my XE on a 1.4 rad, it never went above 1/4 on the gauge, even on track!

If you leave it sat on the driveway does the fan come on? May sound daft but I have known people to have the fan wired the wrong way so instead of blowing colder air through the radiator, it is sucking warm air through the radiator!

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Benn said:
arnt the pipes in different places on the td rad?
Yeah, they're at opposite ends to the petrol rads.
Early 1.2carb and 1.3 rads are the same as the GSi rads. 1.2i/1.4 are a bit smaller. Got a Valeo GSi one in mine, works a treat.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks every1 for the help

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
wayne451 said:
May sound daft but I have known people to have the fan wired the wrong way so instead of blowing colder air through the radiator, it is sucking warm air through the radiator!
d'oh lmao

1 - 10 of 10 Posts