Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a strange one last night. On leaving work a bit late, the roads were quite quiet. I'm driving very briskly along a single carriageway A road through the pretty Devon countryside and up ahead I see a police T5. Now this guy must be well out of his area because there are simply no police in this neck of the woods let alone a traffic T5.

Anyway I slow down to the same speed as he's doing and I notice that he spots me in his mirrors. The next thing is he guns it. Booting it away from me, no blue lights, no siren just nailing it. I figure that he's just a bit bored so I give chase. The road is VERY twisty with few overtaking points along the way (Not that I would be so bold as to try and overtake a copper anyway). The point is I could tell the copper was 'going for it' so to speak.

Bizzarely after about 5 -10 minutes of this the copper catches up with another modified Mk2 Astra GTE (Bizzare because we're pretty much in the middle of nowhere). The copper sits behind him though the twisties and then overtakes him on double white lines!! Again no blues or sirens. I'm not going to attempt that just in case the copper has been trying to lure me into doing something naughty so I hang back and fortunately the other Mk2 turns off. I nail it again, to catch up with the copper approaching 80mph on the straight bits and 60ish through the twists. As soon as I'm on his a'rse again he floors it. I keep a sensible distance but refuse to back off and we 'play' like this for the next 10 miles or so. At which point the T5 turns off to head for the busy dual carriageway, and I continue home through the lanes.

I'd have loved to have known just how far i could have pushed him before he would go all legal on me, but it was pretty good fun.

:confused:

·
MIGClub Member
15,237 Posts
Was it marked up as a cop car or were you assuming it to be unmarked.

mate of mine got tailed from Somewhere in Devon (coming back from Bideford) & then got pulled on the M5 nr Tiverton by an unmarked Volvo. They let him off but lectured him on tailgating & travelling at 80+ (behind a queue of cars all doing same).

Shame you didnt waste it!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Bit mental that, crazy how he was going off on one tog et awway from you like that, seems a bit dodgy to me. Might be someone whoused to do it in their own vehicle previously now has a work car to do it in so to speak. I'd have been the same and wouldn't have overtaken as you never know eh. I guessing your motor would easily have overtaken the T5.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Whats the spec of these T5 volvo's then?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
T5 was fully marked up. There's a bit of a missed opportunity really, because I had only just removed the camcorder setup for my Coombe session. How good would that footage have been? lol.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
lol he prob thought oh look theres that chavy mk2 astra everyones been talking about lets see if all the fuss is worth it lol

but did it have 2 ppl as i am 99.9% sure trafic cars have a 2 man rule and they always travel 2 up because by law for the police to stop you there needs to be 2 of them

so maybe this was a police mechanic on a road test or something ????

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep there were 2 of them, and I did actually see him 'mouth' the words 'Let's do this chavvy Astra' before nailing it lmao

I'd have thought traffic T5s would have had onboard cameras so if there was only one copper he'd still have recorded evidence.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
namkeaps said:
dont think it was unmarked cambridge

he says it was a "police t5" so i assume it was fully marked traffic car

i kno that it was marked from the thread title, but i was reffering to our "experts" who will blag some kind of excuse for the T5....

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Old bill T5s are fast, chipped n tuned, and good for 150mph.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Perhaps it was nicked!!

By the way police dont have to use lights and sirens to go to jobs or even at all, they are warning equipment and to warn other road users, obviously it would be foolish not to use them! Dont have a clue what they were doing, ah well.

sbd16vastra said:
lol he prob thought oh look theres that chavy mk2 astra everyones been talking about lets see if all the fuss is worth it lol

but did it have 2 ppl as i am 99.9% sure trafic cars have a 2 man rule and they always travel 2 up because by law for the police to stop you there needs to be 2 of them

so maybe this was a police mechanic on a road test or something ????
Nope no such thing as a 2 man rule and there is no law that the police need 2 of them to stop you

EYV6 said:
Old bill T5s are fast, chipped n tuned, and good for 150mph.
The are not chipped or tuned at all

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Remember once sitting in strathclyde park a few years back in the winter doing some donuts etc on the ice when a traffic BMW came in.

We all crapped it and one guy in a gti-6 done a runner out another exit.

The cops put the blue lights on , did 3 dirty great donuts and left.

Bizarre.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
pull_over said:
The are not chipped or tuned at all
A police officer told me they were, and that all traffic cars are tuned up in some way so they have the edge over all the other T5s BMs ect. Not true?

·
Registered
643 Posts
EYV6 said:
A police officer told me they were, and that all traffic cars are tuned up in some way so they have the edge over all the other T5s BMs ect. Not true?
not as far as I am aware - uprated brakes and suspension and sump guards

·
Eastern Regional Coordinator
8,212 Posts
I was told there are tuned slight as well.
The some of the volvo's have been traded in over this way, still got a few, along with BMW's, impreza's, Misti Evo's, Galaxy's and a new Land Rover V8! lol
Got no chance in Minty! lmao

1 - 20 of 52 Posts