Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys,am thinking of dumping the power steering for a quickrack on the old mk2. What i need to know has anybody put a quickrack on a cav and if so what was there thoughts.
Am not worried about it been heavy ,now that she's only gona be used for pleasure...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recon that could be the way forward for now.Use a standard rack and see how i get on with it..I just wanted know if there was any problems with using a quickrack,i.e whats the turning circle like ,are they much heavier than a standard rack. I have heard stories that there a nightmare when at mini roundabouts.Not a good thing, where i live is full of them?:mad:

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
They but them from www.powersteeringservices.co.uk who sell them direct now (they didn't use to).

I love quickracks. I love quickracks. I love quickracks.

BTW I like quickracks.

The normal manual rack is like having the heavier steering but with none of the benefits of the quickrack.
I had a merit rack in my Astra for a few months and it was like winding up a clockwork toy after the quickrack.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
You need to go to a scrappies and get a std rack and the flexi joint from the steering column to the rack. You have to move the mounts and bellows over from the std manual rack.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts