Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car is fine untill it warms up, like sitting in traffic then it starts to idle a bit lumpy , which leads to kangarooing when pulling away (very embarrasing) and at cruising speeds suffers massive heesitation killing the power for a moment then it returns erratically.

ive checked the induction for leaks , none found, checked the ignition parts and cant find any faults and i have no error codes

the only thing i can think is wrong is the TPS, is there any way of testing this???

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
**** wrong forum, i swear i was in the tech forum when i posted:confused:

sorry can some one move it:rolleyes:

·
91,273 Posts
Could just be a dose of crap petrol!

Wrong forum too BTW.

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
Would a dodgy Dizzy give error codes????

Sounds like watered down syptoms of what happened to mine when the dixxy when caputski.

Just a thought.... I dont do injection :p

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers for the responses lads

ive filled up a few times from different places , so i dont think its iffy petrol.

ive checked cap/arm and there is no signs of arching or wear on the electodes.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well odders that was my first thought but i replaced this and the stat a few months ago!!!??? although i think the rad fan switch needs replaceing as it doesent cut it at the right temp.

as for filter, its standard

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
"looks ok" does not cut the mustard if you really want to find a fix.

Do you know anyone with another 8v that you could temporarily swap ingnition parts as a test.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no one round here drives gte's/sri's etc, they all have finance cars.

i know "they look ok" is not very conclusive but i was just wondering if it could be something else i havent thought

i will check tonight to make sure there is a strong spark on each lead and there is no arching.

thing is , its not like a miss fire or something, it quite violent jerking when driving along , and revs jumping around then hesitation, really annoying .

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
any more ideas, im pretty sure the temp sonsor fine as the mpg is as good if not better than ever and like i said it was replaced recently.

all ignition parts work fine

any ideas ???????

had trouble starting this morning as wel, which is a first , it fired up no prob but cut out straight away so had to hold the revs for a while to keep it going.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
damon lagrue said:
all ignition parts work fine
they quite obviously dont.

Yesterday i fitted a distributor cap that i nicked off of animal, visually it looked absolutely mint, i fitted it and went out for a drive. I couldnt accelerate at all, was ok at part throttle slowly speeding up, but planting the pedal its was BRPBRPBRPBRPBRP bahbahbup, and no progress. Limped back home and fitted my old cap and it was fine.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok point taken , ill replace it tonight, i just wanted to avoid the old replace bits till you find the fault process that garages use as it costs £££, i just wanted to rule out anything i may have missed.

i wish , as you said i knew someone with a working one so i could compare, but it looks like im gonna have to open my wallet.

any way , if the cap/arm etc dont solve the problem, any suggestions were to look next.......

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
looks like i missed the meet, 1st sunday of the month:(

there are no codes unfortunately, i hope a cap is all it is though cos its quite embarrasing kangarooing and cutting out in traffic like a learner/women driver.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts