Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....its TIGHT, real tight!!! dont get me wrong its so direct it feels good but parking and gettin in and out my drive is a nightmare lmao.

anyone else notice a big difference between standard and quick rack?

rodgerq

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ive just bought one.
Not fitted yet, but dreading getting the car round the back of the house lmao
Might just buy some wheel dollys to push the front end around lmao

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if its anything like ths yer gony be like arnie in a few hundred miles of the twisties lmao.

rodgerq

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
I was going to get myself one but the price put me off so I just got a standard rack, driven MG midgets etc with them on and they seem ok but they only weigh about as much as a empty bean tin.

Mart

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fearless said:
Now you know why a lot of people have started fitting EPS to there novas !!!!!

Dave
so it is MEANT to be that stiff then? like really bloodt stiff, lol. maybe im just a wimp :eek:

roderq

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how did you find it rob? much stiffness?

rodgerq

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello, I have quick rack of quaife, is very very hard, want to put EPS, am hoping to him to see that for DOM, Somebody has been having expereciencias EPS + Quick rack.

Aritz Alday

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
rodgerq said:
how did you find it rob? much stiffness?

rodgerq
alot more work on the arms yes but only because it now does not have the same mechanical leverage that as 4.4 rack has but the car was not a stiffer rack if you jack it up there should be no tightness in it

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
rodgerq said:
.....its TIGHT, real tight!!! dont get me wrong its so direct it feels good but parking and gettin in and out my drive is a nightmare lmao.

anyone else notice a big difference between standard and quick rack?

rodgerq
Hehe, wait until you add 7" slicks and a 90% diff - then you'll know what tight is :D

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
Ive not noticed it any harder to turn a quick racked nova to a non quick racked one... and the turning circle isnt any different etc..
the only time i felt it was a little heavy was on dan_r's 1.6 8v when he had the diff upped to 90-95% and had the track tyres on with a 300mm wheel lmao, but it was still easy to drive.

your all pussies lmao

·
MIGClub Member
15,237 Posts
Its bound to be a little more work simply by the higher gearing /mechanical advantage.

It might loosen off a little as the components bed in. If the wheel is smaller than std that wont help.

CG

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
There is a bit more effort involved when parking etc, but it's more fun on the open road. I wouldn't say mine was REALLY tight though. What's it like with the wheels off the ground? If it's still tight then, the damper was probably set too tight :)

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah driving it feels fine, moves free etc, but its turning while still and slow speeds thats the killer. parking is great fun lmao. got a wee steering wheel here but i doubt i'll fit it lmao

rodgerq

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
id of thought a quick rack would of bin easier with it bein 2.5 turns lock to lock:confused: . are they realy tht heavy? think i mite juts keep the standard one lmao

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
rodgerq said:
yeah driving it feels fine, moves free etc, but its turning while still and slow speeds thats the killer. parking is great fun lmao got a wee steering wheel here but i doubt i'll fit it lmao
Best part about it is, when your mates are moving the car around and they've never used a quick rack before, they ask where's the power steering and you answer "there isn't any, that's as light as it gets". It makes you look more manly, gains you more respect :cool: lmao
I have a MOMO Apache wheel on mine. Not used a standard sized wheel, so can't say how much easier it'd be to turn. Did you fit alloy rack mounts, for added tightness?

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
most folk who try m,y car with the std rack think its heavy lol. You just ave to learn to drive a bit. the ONLy time its an issue is turning into tight spaces, and thats only cos with power steering you are dry steering to an extent.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
quick racks ARE NOT heavy, unless your a grade A mincer. Ok they need a little more effort but its adding to the fun of things

1 - 20 of 38 Posts