Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone remind me, am I right with the below or have I got it back to front?

Early XE with dizzy and Cream injectors = FPR runs at 2.5bar?

Late XE Dizzyless with Blue injectors = FPR runs at 3bar?

Or to put it another way XE with dizzy and Creams should not be running 3 bar FPR?

Cheers :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Chris mate, when I done an XE conversion on me mates car I think I grabbed a LET fuel rail with 3-bar reg on (engine is early, dizzy and creams) and on cold its lumpy as a mofo for a couple of mins but it goes like stink when its going :)

Will it cause any major problems with it left on or is it best to change it back to a 2.5?

Cheers :beer:

·
Registered
122 Posts
all engines with close loop lambda as standard have three bar fuel pressure. very early xe's i.e 20xe are on 2.5bar. 20xe indicating no emissions control.. engines marked c20xe or c20xej are the engines fitted with close loop lambda monitoring for emission control and good economy when cruising(part throttle). hope that helps

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Creator said:
all engines with close loop lambda as standard have three bar fuel pressure. very early xe's i.e 20xe are on 2.5bar. 20xe indicating no emissions control.. engines marked c20xe or c20xej are the engines fitted with close loop lambda monitoring for emission control and good economy when cruising(part throttle). hope that helps
Err, isn't that the opposite to what I said :confused: lmao

I thought it was because the Blue injectors don't flow as much as creams so the fuel pressure was upped to 3 bar?

Finish this sentance then, an early C20XE (ie with lambda) with creams should have XXX bar regulator....

·
Registered
122 Posts
coolamasta said:
Err, isn't that the opposite to what I said :confused: lmao

I thought it was because the Blue injectors don't flow as much as creams so the fuel pressure was upped to 3 bar?

Finish this sentance then, an early C20XE (ie with lambda) with creams should have XXX bar regulator....

er yes. that is the exact opposite and then some.. apparently blue's flow more than the creams, as in jonlem melted a piston on a coilpack (motronic M2.8) engine by using cream injectors cos the blues were blocked, the fuel pressure of all the C20xe engines is was and always is 3bar. only the very early mk2 astra gte16v xe's marked 20xe were run from factory on a 2.5bar regulator, i know cos i had one.. those engines dont have close loop lambda control. fuel pressure wasnt upped when vauxhall changed to blue injectors, it stayed at 3 bar. that engine has those injectors and a coilpack and the later m2.8 motronic they were vauxhall last attmept at emission control.. the blue injectors arent of the pintle tip style they are like LET ones, multinozzle, the map one the later coilpack blue injector engines no doubt is totally different and iirc runs a whole lot smoother than a motoronic2.5 engine.
there has never been a 2.7bar regulator etc etc. post the bosch number of blues and ill tell you the flow.
creams 0 280 150 744. flow 214.4cc/min @ 3bar and 195.7cc/min @ 2.5bar
yellows 0 280 150 420 flow 303.7cc/min @ 3bar
saab red 0 280 150 023 flow 352.1cc/min @ 3bar

the answer to your question is 3 bar. try not to over-complicate such a simple matter hahaha. want to contradict me again??? biatch

·
Registered
157 Posts
Creator is right,
measured on my '91 Calibra C20XE (3.0bar regulator and cream injectors) recently and opening the throttle it would rise to ~3.2bar and when closing the throttle it would drop down to 2.6bar constant.

Disconnecting the vacuum was 3.2bar constant.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
dispak xe an let = 3 bar, anyhing N/A with a dizzy = 2.5 AFAIK

·
Registered
122 Posts
coooooooool hope this is sorted now!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts