Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,im thinking about putting a xe lump in my astra mk3 3door 1.8 16v sport but not sure what i would have to do to get it in and how all the loom would connect etc etc!!!!!!!!.if anyone can shed any light on any aspect of this conversion can you please let me know!!!!!!!!!!.
thanks in advance guys!!!!!!.

·
Registered
930 Posts
the best way would be to find a scrapped GSi and take the engine, gearbox, loom etc etc out.

although tbh i couldn't be bothered with all that. it's not like you're putting a 200 bhp turbo or V6 lump in.

why not consider getting your 1.8 turboed, or nitrous? :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davefly76 said:
the best way would be to find a scrapped GSi and take the engine, gearbox, loom etc etc out.

although tbh i couldn't be bothered with all that. it's not like you're putting a 200 bhp turbo or V6 lump in.

why not consider getting your 1.8 turboed, or nitrous? :)
sounds good matey!!!,what do you think ill gain from a turbo conversion then??wheres best to get it done??.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
davefly76 said:
i couldn't tell you what you would gain exactly, but it would be at least 50bhp. it would depend on size of turbo, amount of boost etc

give Courtenay Sport a ring (01692 404313) www.courtenaysport.co.uk :)
thanks mate,well chuffed with that idea. :D :D
ill give them a call tommorrow and let you know what they say!!!.thanks again!!.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.