·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title
Qrew Transfer boxes​
Description
Following on from this thread:
VauxSport - Vauxhall advice and chat forum :: View topic - Qrew boxes now available in the UK

I now have in stock 3 Qrew transfer boxes here in the uk, so if you know anyone who wants one please pass on my details.

Price is 950 Euros plus an exchange box, thats currently around 860 quid.

All the boxes are uprated to 180NM (double standard) and stengthened and have been checked over for working seals etc, they are a direct replacement to work with the existing hydraulics not a locked box.

Here is Qrews car in action testing one of his uprated boxes, as you can see it sends enough power to the rear to light all 4 wheels up coming off the line, and it took massive amounts of abuse without a failure.
YouTube - Opel Calibra Turbo 4x4 2.0i 568 PS!!!!

Obviously to get that sort of performance, you'll need a 500bhp+ engine as well though, lol

Hopefully these should help to breathe a little bit of life back into the cavalier/calibra scene :D

They come supplied with the approriate Motul gear oil as well. :)

(I can meet up with anyone from southern england very easily as I go between somerset and london a lot for work)​
Declaration
  • I the seller have read and understood the Classified forum rules and understand that buying and selling on MIGWeb is done at my own risk and that MIG Performance Vauxhalls can in no way be held responsible for issues arising from using this service.

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So that guymakes his own parts as well now, how long before you start selling a Qrew turbo pack to get the 500 bhp mark.
TBH mate, I woudlnt need Qrew's help to make 500bhp from a LET, thats pretty straight forward and several of us have done it, just wish I had more luck with the donor block on mine (it cracked, lol)

Anyway, back on topic would be good, 1 left pending payments from coopergsi and tommygards for the other 2.

Not sure when I will have some again, so obviously if you want one then you need to be acting fairly quickly to secure it!

·
Banned
108 Posts
Well myself, im still looking for a turbo so we will see what happenes in the near future, as for the 500 bhp, quite a few of you have done this? Did you do it without Qrews TB? How much did it cost and what needs replacing to get them gains? Dont worry if you cant remember it im just curious as I would like to get to know the car.

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everyone else doing it that I know, isnt on a transfer box, we are all doing it on a fwd only setup.

As for what needed replacing, the minimum spec I would personally consider acceptable is probably a lot more than some other people, so it depends on how much of a "belts and braces" person you are.

If you do a search though, its been covered lots of times, if you cant find the info with a search then start a new thread, as this one isnt the place to discuss engine tuning, its a transfer box for sale thread.

Only ONE remaining now!

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
50 quid less at the moment, due to the strengthened pound against the euro, so current price on the last remaining one would only be 810 quid :beer:

·
Registered
418 Posts
ye no prblem chip, iv sent him a message so ill see what he says, iv butchered a good few boxs to get mine to where it is now an that back plate will save me a lot of time in the machine shop lol

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is far more to strengthening them than just the back plate TBH mate, I know you probably think im just trying to sell you one, but they are well worth it in terms of saved effort trying to get this far on your own IMHO.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Chip is there a big difference between the qrew box and the cav 16 sports box?
I've bought a sports box but now i've seen this i really want one!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts