Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phoned up Demon Tweeks and ordered a Pipercross replacement filter element. when it turned up it was the correct box but with a square filter in it - mines retangular!
i phoned demon tweeks and told them of the problem. They then told me that it was impossible to have the wrong filter and that i must have the wrong airbox in my car! at this point i got annoyed and asked to speak to someone that knew what they were talking about and i got told to speak to Pipercross.
I phoned up Pipercross and was very releived to talk to someone who could except that the wrong filter was in the wrong box.
I phoned Demon Tweeks again and spoke to the same lady qouting that the 'impossible' mistake had occured and that i wished to have my correct filter. She then tells me that i must send the filter back to them at my cost and they would then send a new filter out! i protested as they have already taken the money out of my account. The lady spoke to Pipercross and they said that they would send a new filter out on the thursday night as i needed the filter by saturday.
I phoned Demon Tweeks today and was told that the filter was sent out yesterday!! they still expect me to send the filter back to them out of my own pocket and they will refund me once they recieve it.

HOW CR*P A SERVICE IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
Actually thats really good.

I'm sent a motherboard back on Thrusday and I'm still waiting to hear anything back. I need the system on Saturday so it looks like I'm going to have to buy another board...again...and have to just have a £175 board sitting in a box unused when they eventually replace it.

I always have to send things back at cost and never get my postage back.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I phoned them up for last year for prices on various pieces of stuff
for my interior. I got about halfway through my list when the guy
said "Mate, I think you're taking the p:ss. Phone me back if you've
got a serious order."
I couldn't believe it. I called Larkspeed who were very helpful and
they got the order in full. The seats alone were over £650 each
so they missed out on a decent order. I emailed the fool's boss
who wasn't too pleased.:D

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Thats damn cheeky. I wouldnt pay postage for their mistake. Any decent company should arrange collection of the item and apologise for their mistake.
Companies like Demon Tweaks are too big for their own good.

Infact, if they had to arrange collection themselves, I doubt they would bother.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pipercross have sent out my filter so i'm going to tell Demon Twits that if they want the filter then they can arrange to collect it them selves!

I hope they read some of this so that they know how they should treat customers!

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
I had to return some powerflex bushes to them.

They charged me £8 delivery, for me to return them to Demon Tweeks cost me 97p! :eek:

I never received any money back!

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
ive been buying tons of stuff from schemon freaks recently. Ive only ever spoken to blokes on the phone and all of them have been pretty well genned up, even correcting me and pointing out some techy stuff.

thumbs up.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
I still plan to order some gear from them in the near future, I hope I speak to a genned up bloke and not a genless woman.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No offense to the women on MIG (Whom obviously know what there on about as they joined MIG) the women who are employed by Demon Twits obviously thought that they were getting paid for their blonde hair!

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
of course, I was talking about the woman you spoke to and not women in general...

she didnt sound very helpful.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
0ddball said:
ive been buying tons of stuff from schemon freaks recently. Ive only ever spoken to blokes on the phone and all of them have been pretty well genned up, even correcting me and pointing out some techy stuff.

thumbs up.
I ordered all my nova stuff from them and again they were helpfull and speedy IIRC, certainly no probs.

Dan

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not very helpful isn't the way that i would quite put it, but then it would be to offensive for this forum!
i'll see if my correct filter turns up tommorrow, but im not holding my breath!

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
if they have the stuff on the shelf at DT, it turns up the very next morning via royal mail.

I'm still waiting for something i ordered tuesday last week, which is not coming from DT direct.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you getting paid for this Oddball? :beer:

i guess im just pissed off with being told complete rubbish and would have prefered to have been told that they couldnt get the filter out to me before the weekend. - at least i wouldn't have been waiting for it to arrive all weekend.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I've never had a problem with DT, and I've bought quite a lot of stuff from them. Deal directly with John Harris, and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I phoned Demon Tweeks again and spoke to the same lady qouting that the 'impossible' mistake had occured
John ain't a lady!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts