Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a Nova GTE and I got 2.0 8v sri130 from Caliver mk2. I been put half loom in that car only with engine not in the car. But i have problem with petrol pump cos electrical not through to that pump but the engine was running not start.

Anyone can help me?

Cheers

EK-LAD

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
> But i have problem with petrol pump cos electrical not through
> to that pump but the engine was running not start.

Didn't understand that last sentence, need to add or take some words out till it reads right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Engine would not start becasue no petrol get through due to the pump not working. I think the wiring were faulty or something else cos of no electrical etc...

cheers

EK-LAD

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
EK-LAD said:
The Engine would not start becasue no petrol get through due to the pump not working. I think the wiring were faulty or something else cos of no electrical etc...
Faulty fuel pump of blown fuel pump relay would also coarse this problem of the engine not starting/no fuel etc. But if that was the case, the ECU would also not be on, so the engine would just spin and never fire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello

Fuel pump is ok cos i try with other battery to see if ok that was fine.

But when i put engine in nova GTE that only have 4 wire from nova GTE and i put 2.0 8v sri130 from cavil mk2 and 10 wire from cavil but i cut some wire off to match same colour use 4 wire.

cheers

EK-LAD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello

Yeah I did this (Red with blue stripe go together with red with blue stripe from vaux caliver. Also I use 4 wires go with same colour 4 wires and I got another 6 wires from caliver that never used.

So what other reason that may be the why the fuel pump not working etc...

Thanks

EK-LAD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CONNECTION

Hello

CONNECTION

Red connection Red wire
Black connection Black wire
Red/Blue stripe connection Red/Blue stripe wire
Green connection Green wire

NOT CONNECTION

White/Black stripe wire
Brown/Red stripe wire
Brown/yellow wire
Brown/Blue wire

Let you that was 8 wire not 10 wire sorry my mistake.

Thank
EK-LAD.

·
Registered
15,614 Posts
On the not connected wires, could you tell me what end they are on ? Cav 130 side ?

What I think you have done maybe, is connect a mainly red wire with blue stripe to a mainly blue wire with red stripe.

have a go at connecting the white/black wire to the mainly red wire with blue stripe if that makes sence.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello

NOT CONNECTION

White/Black stripe wire
Brown/Red stripe wire
Brown/yellow wire
Brown/Blue wire

All these wires comes from vau caliver

Do you mean that I need to disconnection the red wire with blue stripe to red ....... so i can connect it to black/white wire one?
If yes, good but what if that may not working, what other way can i do ?

Thanks

EK-LAD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts