Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know i just bought a CTR which comes as standard on potenza re040's. its done 12k and the front tyres have very little left in them so i have ordered 2 new potenza's for the front £190 including balancing and fitting etc. however i had the chance of some federals (wet tyres, look a bit like eagle f1's) and my mate really rates them on his ctr, only £55 a wheel. what would you guys recommend???

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought that, its one of those 'reassuringly expensive' things again. just wondered if anyone had any gen on the federals. i never really heard of them before

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
the federals are an ok tyre but its a case of you get what you pay for to be honest, if your mainly into just pootling about with some motorway runs then by all means for the federals but if your into giving it some stick with the decent rubber

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if your into giving it some stick with the decent rubber
:D

its a 197bhp hot hatch course i am. lol. thanx for that mate. my mind is made up.
goes in the morning for the potenza re040's

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
its a case of you get what you pay for at the end of the day

shop around though m8 i know i made some mega savings when i bought my F1's by getting them on the net

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool. where from. i saw a site called mytyres.com which seemed cheap but by the time you add fitting and balancing etc it works out the same. honda said they were doing an offer to customers of 94.50 per tyre, fitted and balanced. 4 wheel alignment checked and sorted if necessary for free.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
go with that then :)

always looks good to have a few monre dealer receipts in the folder when it comes sales time :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
true. thanks very much. i was a bit apprehensive to fork out all that if there were better tyres for better money and all i was paying for was the name. although i know bridgestone are good. but it does seem like a good deal. what are the f1's like out of interest?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just found this on that website i mentioned

Toyo ***
Tyre producer from Japan, high performance products in mid price segment
PROXES T1-R 205/45 ZR17 88W RF Rim-protectionleiste, NEU,
Summer tyres
Speed W: the speed capability of this tires is up to 168 mph/270 km/h !

With us only only £ 69.90
Postage and packing costs are included in the price!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts