918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive replaced the following:
1) Wishbones
2) Arp drop links
3) track rod ends
4) new suspension |(Bilstein)
5) New Wheels

The car had positive .42 on the passsenger side and -1.5 on the passenger side, the positive side you can physically see the wheel is pointing out

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Did the strut appear ok when you did the suspension? Topmounts ok? Any signs of crash damage/bent chassis or subframe?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no sign of crash damage ive replaced the top mounts as well. no visual bends or damage

·
Registered
150 Posts
i would say damaged suspension. Some suspension arm let you adjust that. Also the use of bars between the top or bottom ends can change the camber.

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
sounds like the only thing you havent changed is the strut / hub carrier type assembly itself.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the strut being the bilstein strut? i had the problem before with the old gear on as well as its not the strut

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
nah not the damper insert, the bit that holds the damper and whatnot to the wishbone at the bottom :)

·
Registered
17,042 Posts
possible curbed front wheel nearside, as when making a U turn and some people will just recklessly drive on when the wheel hits the curb just an inch or so causing the bottom end of the wheel a great deal of stress that may result in positive camber.

If the chassis is deformed, then changing arms may still not resolve the situation so get the chassis pulled out by hydraulic ram

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is there anything i can do to check whether the chassie is damaged or its the strut ? im guessing getting up on a jig is going to be the only way, i cant see it to be chassie damage as the previous owner was soo picky about everything the wheels where all mint no mark

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
bent subframe

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
would it be worth changing the top mounts? just in case the original 1's looked ok, but im just going to change all the parts cheapest at a time.

The is no damage to anything and to be fair if there was any major damage surely the old wishbone would have been bent

1 - 16 of 16 Posts