Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just round here or is anyone else seeing this?

Down the street from me is a petrol station all boarded up, awaiting demolition, I know of 3 other petrol stations within maybe 5 miles of here that have closed within the last few months.
The ones in town seem to be making way for flats or office buildings, i suppose the land they are on is worth a fair bit, but I also know of 2 local stations on the dual-carriageway that have closed down recently.

Not a particularly interesting topic of discussion I suppose, just something I have noticed. Im having to go further and further affield to get motion potion.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, these are being squished to make way for stupidly over-priced "luxury" flats. Dunno about the ones on the main roads, they have been closed for a while now and look derelict.

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
We had a spate (is that the right word??) of that a few years ago in Fareham, now there's not one in the town itself. I guess with petrol margins so small now the profit is made from the shop, and most big stores getting cheap, some with their own petrol and opening 24 hours there's less need for a 'garage'.

·
Registered
20,473 Posts
A lot of them used to be owned by private companies/owners and operated under the fuel company name but i guess nowadays they fuel companies see bigger profit from their own forecourts with nice big shops.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
i noticed this in town too

mind you there is far too much petrol stations on aberdeen.

local ones are still there but 2 have gone in about 10 years which is ok really.

·
Registered
759 Posts
i used to run a petrol station under a franchise, my olds did too, we're white & english btw!! they were owned by a ****stani company and an irish businessman, separately though. mine got bulldozed and had flats built on it cos it was in a nice part of town & was falling to bits anyway and the old dears got flattened recently as it was a compulsory buy for the train station. most petrol stations are franchised with just the fuel denoting the name, tis a shoite job though, i'd never do it again

·
Registered
759 Posts
why did my post come up with the '****' of ****stani blotted out????????

i put ****stani as a whole word so as not to offend anyone!!!:confused:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Yep, the local 'JET' petrol station has closed, to make way for retirement flats.
Worst thing was they had the best power washer about, so I wasnt best pleased.

·
Registered
527 Posts
non round here (wrexham) have closed, all seem busy as the town maybe becoming a city soon and get loadsa traffic through here everyday guess that keeps em in business weve got like 5 in a mile radius 2 on the same road and a sainsburies one a roundaabout later all seem to be doin well have been fe years

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.