Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a C20 LET in a cav sri, my petrol bill is crazy, i know its a high performance engine and will use a quite a lot of fuel but what sort of milage should i be getting from 20quid and a tenner of fuel,
im using shell optimax,
i am roughly getting 50 miles to a tenner and 100 to 20 quid is this correct or should i get it looked at???

let me know

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
from £45 quids worth of optimax i get 300-330 miles so 66-72 miles to a tenner.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'm getting about 40-55 miles to a tenner in my cav, (on a phase3) so its about right.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
i get about 250miles on £27 worth of petrol, but i average about 37mpg on the motorway run to wrk

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
My average over a mix of town and occasional motorway driving is about 28mpg.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have it on a five speed too im gonna put me 6 speed on soon so should get a bit more then and then have it tuned so see what i get then!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Yeah, the six speed definitely makes a difference to fuel consumption, depending on the type of driving - when I had my old Cally Turbo I was commuting from Blackpool to Leeds every day. Put the car into 6th when I got on the M55, and traffic permitting didn't change down until exiting the M621 80 miles later. Averaged 39.5 to the gallon, doing 85+ most of the way, including some fairly steep climbs on the M62 over the Pennines.

Now I'm working only 8 miles from home, semi-urban driving ( 40 mph max ! ) I'm only getting 28mpg, and rarely even get into 5th.:mad: One good thing about this job though - regular meetings in Appleby - interesting road over the moors between Tebay and Appleby!:)

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
i got just over 200 miles outta £30 of optimax the other day and that was abit of a mixture of driving from flooing it to motorway cruising to town cruising.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts