Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
looking fresh man, good job.

i see you've gone the extra mile, and even painted the inside rim and outer edge of the discs. full detail.

·
Super Moderator
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
looking fresh man, good job.

i see you've gone the extra mile, and even painted the inside rim and outer edge of the discs. full detail.
Yep, satin black heatproof stuff, even into the vanes around the edge. Don't wanna do all this twice!

·
Super Moderator
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Because of you know what and a tad of self isolation, mostly on the driveway, I've been cracking on before the end of the month, with the possibility of taxing the old girl....

After the caliper overhaul/repaint/new discs fitting, decided all the arch liners needed removing, so I could give everything a fair old jet wash and scrub out, as I was bored, I got all the tar spots and smeg off them too, with a bit of thinners and petrol where needed.
Since these were taken, have got some different style of 8mm trim clips, namely Nissan and Kia ones, went with the Nissan style in the end, with a screw out centre, so I can get them all off a bit easier than before.

coat of Waxoyl just about everywhere

what wasn't Waxoyled got a whole can of black underbody schmoo on it, just for a refresh

wheels scrubbed inside and out with the best stuff I have ever used, namely Bilberry cleaner, and back on, ready for dropping back down, torque up and nuts covers back on later.

·
Super Moderator
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yep, a few late afternoon sessions and it is back on the ground, front bumper off and on twice, new bumper to wing clip bracket thingyies, lots of faffing there to get it to clip in half reasonably for once, wheel nuts torqued, nut covers on, pad bedding continues tomorrow, when I go shopping....

roof down, off we go, once a week - for the foreseeable future!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts