Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have got some bumpers that need going on the front is in blue the back is in primer the wheel arches are in primer if i just rubbed down the hole car and then painted it all blue without primering everything will it come out ok or do i need to primer everything:confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
as long as you rub down the original paint theres no need to prime the hole car,

you only have to use primer on bare metal, as the paint will not stick to the metal,

rough up the original paint work with a scotch pad, make sure that there is no shiney areas, then paint straight over the lot,

that is if the cars going the same colour or darker, if the cars being sprayed in a lighter colour your better off priming the whole car first

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vauxmods22 said:
as long as you rub down the original paint theres no need to prime the hole car,

you only have to use primer on bare metal, as the paint will not stick to the metal,

rough up the original paint work with a scotch pad, make sure that there is no shiney areas, then paint straight over the lot,

that is if the cars going the same colour or darker, if the cars being sprayed in a lighter colour your better off priming the whole car first
hhmmm thanks for that i thought you could its just called a blow over isnt it. yes its going exactly the same colour (spectral blue:cool: )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts