Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this easy?
i mean do i rub them down loads
primer them ... then spray .. rub down ... spray etc .... then lacker them (sp?) cheers in advance

L

·
0 Posts
Depens how good you are at spraying.

Its just the same as spraying anything else really, Just take your time between coats of paint.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
ah painting hmm, i have lots of painting to do!

well your handles will have grain on them, not chic feed, you'll need some plastic filling primer, get the grain out. Then prime it paint it with a few layers polish that up and then laquer then polish that up job done.

ps: leave to dry between coats you won't get orange peel then and by your paint from vauxhall not halfords crap wrong colour. It will be a near perfect match if you car hasn't faded

·
Registered
956 Posts
hate to disagree i got a glacier white astra n i have used halfords paint on a few things even the tailgate

its crap wen it comes to running so spray only small amounts n build up slowly

but its a perfect match to my car an my car 9 yrs old plus its 3 for 2 at min here:D

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
you might have been lucky but i'd go straight to the manufacturer for paint for a good match. I've tried halfords paint but got a crap match compared to manufacturers paint which was dead on

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
hmm what do i drive hmmm

well not alot i did drive a purple nova gte, but now i'm breaking it for personnel reasons. I've bought a 1.2 sting to get my
no-claims needs all new panels (which i have, but need 2 white doors) and the roof dents pushed out

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
i take it back about the halfords paint. I just used it looks spot on have to wait to dry then i'll flat it out then polish it:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts