• Stay with the 17's

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some feedback on my car, it currently has 17's as you can see and I am putting cavvy gsi rims on it and getting them sprayed a anthacite sort of colour and wanted to see what you people thought of this idea.

BTW sunstrip is going and the tops of the bumpers are getting sprayed black and vectra handles in white are also all being done soon.

All comments appreciated.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
id probably stay with seventeens not keen on cav gsi rims if any the late cav sri ones are quite nice or you could find some four stud 16" astra sri ones which would probably look cool with your front bumper :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess another reason I want to do this is for performance reasons, I am spending a lot on the engine in the next couple of months and really want to make the most of the results.

This in mind I thought that the 15's would improve handling and maybe a small improvement on 0-60 etc etc.

I would love 16's but tyres seem so expensive for them and pretty sure most 16's are 5 stud bar those Racing snake mentioned which I have never seen, any pics racingsnake2??

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
sorry mate no pics maybe do a search seen some on nova well nice id be suprised if you would notice huge difference with 15s but up to you only ever had 16s and seventeens on mine some sizes off 16s tyres are ok priced

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else wanna throw some views this way??:D

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think you should keep the wheels, and the bumpers white. White door handles will set it off nicely. Glad the sunstrip sticker is going though :D

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
I think that you're thinking along the right lines. Get rid of those silly 17s!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andyfree: Cheers mate but bumpers have to go white it looks like a giant spearmint at the mo

Tom: Thought you might say something along those lines any suggestions on wheels then, was thinking 5 stud conversion and turbo rims???

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Well, I don't mind those wheels you have that much, but some more subtle 16s or 15s would be better. Er, don't know what any other wheels look like.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree nothing wrong with the rims I have but after spending some time contemplating which wheels to get, would smaller rims benefit the car in the areas below or would I not notice much difference.

1. Better handling?

2. More comfortable?

3. Slight improvement on accelaration?

I am not overly bothered on looks as long as the car looks subtle and handles well that really to me is all that matters.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
1. Better handling?
Yes.

2. More comfortable?
Yes.

3. Slight improvement on accelaration?
Yes.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks tom, decision made am gonna go for smaller wheels, not so sure I could take the drastic measures you have taken with regard to weight loss etc, missus might get a little funny when I go outside with a big box and completely gut the car of any luxuries.

Anyone fancy photoshopping the picture with some turbo rims on it???

Can get a better picture if that helps.

Cheers

O

·
0 Posts
other than what youve already got planeed for it... it looks ace!

i like the bumper (s)....

nice one matey....

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cheers olly:D

O

·
0 Posts
maybe a possible spoiler? a different one... as the rest of the kit is slightly different i would personally go for the gsi spoiler...

how about the MG ZR one? or Saxo?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was thinking along the same lines as that myself, what do the others look like then as I have probably seen them but can't remeber what they look like.

GSI spoiler is nice and would probably compliment the rest of the kit quite nicely although the rear bumper is non GSI and I think that may look odd with the GSI spoiler!!??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts