Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm building a stock race car (class is called bilcross in Norway) for my daugther on a Ostra G, with a 1,8 16v - 125HP engine.
I messed up and didn't account for the immo when I was cutting away unecessary wiring and plugs. Did what we always do, cut until the engine stops - but we used older cars without immo.

Can anyone please help me with the wiring - can't figure out where 3 of the wires need signal from. I'm not that good reading wiring diagrams and don't know the terms very well.
It's two wires with brown/white, and one with brown/purple.

·
Registered
Astra G 3.2 V6, Vectra Hearse 1.8
257 Posts
hi there, I am unsure if this will help but there is a post somewhere on this site that i copied into a notepad file a while back.
Maybe you can trace back from here?

X2 BULKHEAD CONNECTOR that goes to the engine harness and onto the ecu
PIN 33 Brown/White 0.5 Diagnostic Plug Pin 7 + Immob Pin 6
PIN 46 Brown/White 0.35 Immob Plug Pin 7
PIN 96 Black 2.5 Airbag Pin 5 + Immob + Ignition Pin 15 + X1 Plug Pin 56 + Fuses 7.5amp, 30amp, 7.5amp, 10amp, 10amp, 10amp, 10amp, 20amp, 10amp, 7.5amp.
PIN 99 Black/Red 6.0 Fuses, High Beam Relay, Light Switch, Power Sounder, Central Locking, Immob.

Can you also trace from transponder around steering column down and maybe that is where you cut from also?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi there, I am unsure if this will help but there is a post somewhere on this site that i copied into a notepad file a while back.
Maybe you can trace back from here?

X2 BULKHEAD CONNECTOR that goes to the engine harness and onto the ecu
PIN 33 Brown/White 0.5 Diagnostic Plug Pin 7 + Immob Pin 6
PIN 46 Brown/White 0.35 Immob Plug Pin 7
PIN 96 Black 2.5 Airbag Pin 5 + Immob + Ignition Pin 15 + X1 Plug Pin 56 + Fuses 7.5amp, 30amp, 7.5amp, 10amp, 10amp, 10amp, 10amp, 20amp, 10amp, 7.5amp.
PIN 99 Black/Red 6.0 Fuses, High Beam Relay, Light Switch, Power Sounder, Central Locking, Immob.

Can you also trace from transponder around steering column down and maybe that is where you cut from also?
Thanks for the information. My biggest problem is that the connectors you mention does not exist in the car anymore, they are cut snd removed. It wasnt before i finished cutting and stopped the car that I realized my mistake - I’ve forgot to check that it actually started again because of the immo.

·
Registered
257 Posts
actually those go straight through the firewall to ecu.
You do need that transponder for sure for the immobiliser to work

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I am aware of that. The intention of removing the connectors is to remove as much as possible and build a new wiring for ignition with a main circuit breaker with only start button, fan control, radiator fan on/off, wipers, and washer fluid. The car ran fine with all this cut away - I just forgot the immo an in a rushed moment I cut of 3 of those wires too.

Immo needs to stay where it is - I just need to know what signal those 3 wires need. I tried tracing back on connectors but I think I'm missing something since I couldn't get it to start. Probably its more signals latched on somewhere in the circuit. :oops:

·
Registered
257 Posts
ah yes i get you now, I am unsure of where else to look i am afraid...hopefully someone will come along and get the answer for you soon

·
Registered
257 Posts
great,glad ya got it sussed out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts