Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A full tank costs £30 on my Astra MK3 1996 1.4i LS.

Is this normal?

How much is a full tank for you guys, and how many miles do you tend to get from a full tank?

I only get 200 miles, for £30. :confused:

Have I got a problem? :confused:

That 200 don’t matter if they are motorway miles, or town miles. I always get the same.

Thanks everyone. :beer:

·
Registered
23,733 Posts
You're obviously not thrashing it hard enough - I've managed to get just over 100 miles out of a tank when I've been driving hard ;)

Seriously though - my 1.8 SXI on a long run to cornwall will cover 270 miles on £25 worth of petrol. Thats including a couple of "silly moments" when I get bored and a few traffic jams.

·
Registered
23,733 Posts
I used to do the journey every other weekend in my SXI - every friday I'd fill up in the morning, go to work and drive to Cornwall directly from work.

270 miles - 1/4 tank of fuel left at the end of the journey (indicating just under half a tank on the dodgy gauge).

Spend the weekend with the girlfriend, fill it back up with £25 worth of petrol and back home again - still with 1/4 tank left which would last me the rest of the week (I lived 1 mile from work ;) )

·
Registered
79 Posts
I can get from my house in Harlow, Essex to my sisters in Liverpool (225ml exactly) for just under £15. I do tuck in behind lorries though and "cruise" (more like dwadle) at 60-65 ;)

I got a dodgy FOS suspension and warped brake disc at the moment.

Also managed to drive back from L'pool with no front brakes - metal on metal and only needed to touch them 4 times on the whole journey. M62 - M6 - A14 - M11 (I think that's the right route).

Gunter

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
i put £25 of super unleaded in each time(not a full tank),and i get about 170-180 miles out of my corsa gsi.
Thats driving fairly quick round town,no motorway,with a few toe down moments along the way and over the moors!
200 miles on £30 in a 1.4 is HIGH,especially if you use normal unleaded as you get more for ya money.

·
Registered
241 Posts
im driving a 13yr old mk2 which has not been looked after at all by its previous owners.. so its left up to me to pick the pieces up...

i do 500m a week (live in derbyshire and travel to doncaster every day for work).

i get roughly 380 miles of a full tank which is just over 35 of my hard earned pounds. although my petrol gauge is doing funny things..... like saying its got no petrol in for like 20-30 miles then its slowly going up to the 1/2 mark... just put a new dash in and see if that any different....

normally i will cruse aroung 80/90 on the motorway.. and sometimes the speed limit... :)

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
stop showing off!!!
apart from a few 'faster moments' i was keeping at 65-70 mph on the m way i got 150 outta bout £45:) lucky me!! good old 1.4:) oh maybe its the carbs lmao, worth it for just the noise if not the extra performance:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
spanishfly said:
stop showing off!!!
apart from a few 'faster moments' i was keeping at 65-70 mph on the m way i got 150 outta bout £45:) lucky me!! good old 1.4:) oh maybe its the carbs lmao, worth it for just the noise if not the extra performance:)

yup mines the carb but its not the standard pieburg thing its a webber upgrade with a k&n.. still getting close to 400 off a full tank and i have a blowing manifold.... good old car i say... hehe

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
i have an astra gsi

it has a 50 litre tank and i can get approx 390 miles out of it using it for motoroway or local/countyr roads

i get approx 38 quid in on a full tank fill up and therefore about 38mpg on average

tom

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.